08│Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Jivika~

"So this method is called substitution, where you substitute the values of x and y," droned on Sonika ma'am, repeating the same point again and again, making sure each and every child understood the topic.

"Bharat ka swarnim, gaurav, Ke—"

"This is irritating," commented Sonika ma'am. The ongoing morning assembly was disturbing her tenth-standard class, which was us. Marching outside the class, she dragged Amaan along with, completing her need of a tall lanky boy. Locating the speaker of the floor, she made him switch it off, making the whole floor go silent all of a sudden.

This woman is savage as fuck.

"May I come in ma'am?" an extremely high pitched voice ringed throughout the class.

Mrs. Sonika Sehwat, unaware of the intrusion, payed heed to the girl standing at the doorway only when she faced the lack of response from her students. Lifting my head from the x and y problem, I watched every pair of eyes towards the same direction.

The doorway.

Whispers and gossips filled the air.

Kiara nudged my shoulder, and excitedly mouthed, "That's the poodle girl! The poodle girl!"

Understanding my ignorance regarding the particular piece of tea, she continued, "She's an  annoying junior who seems to have the word show-off slapped on her forehead!"

"Why Poodle ?"

"Look at her hair!"

I glanced at her one sided half ponytail. Sure enough, it had a similar cut to a Poodle's hair. There was nothing wrong with it but that particular hairstyle, was it appropriate for school?  I ran my fingers over my light brown hair twisted into a single braid. Not to mention, dipped in oil. According to the rule book, it was supposed to be two braids. Even that was against the school rules, so who was I  to judge her?

"Yes."

The stern command of was given to grant her permission to enter the room.

"Ma'am, Lata ma'am is asking for Jivika from this class."

Eh?

With every pair of eyes finding a new target, me, I heard the Math teacher say, "Don't disturb my class like this. Jivika, go."

I stood up, ready to take a worthy fifteen minutes break from Math. You let us go out of the class and expect us not to take a school tour, knowing that the surveillance cameras are defective?

Not. A. Chance.

Getting out of the class, I grabbed the arm of that Poodle girl. Juniors are easy to intimidate. I had been one as well, and knew how easily I had listened to my seniors.

"Tell her that Sonika ma'am said that she'll send Jivika after ten minutes."

Watching her nod and get away, I ascend the stairway, passing a cheerful "Good morning, Sir!" to our English teacher. I study the bulletin board for some time before crashing into the janitor. Careful not to step over the dust she had brushed and collected, I diverted my path falling into the direct eyesight of Bharti ma'am.

Bharti ma'am was a Social Studies teacher and so was Lata ma'am. Grasping the fact that if I stayed any longer, I would definitely be snitched about my mini expedition which could land me in big trouble. And so, I had no choice but to pay Lata ma'am a visit.