38│Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?

Jivika~

Striking Anne Gregory off the list, I sighed when I saw that last remaining chapter which I had to revise. The Proposal glared back at me, not happy that I was not fond of that chapter. Who knew that to ask for a person's hand, Russians went to the extent of starting a shouting match. And the number of times I read the word 'palpitations' in the chapter, I feared of getting one myself.

"You have come a long way."

She said, standing at the doorway. She who? She, my mother. Nodding, I looked back at the chapter. The sentimental-speech was a dose every Desi mother prescribed. And so, before I could be a victim of that, I smiled and reminded her about the chai  which she left on the stove. That got the job done.

Fiddling with the cap of my pen, I remembered the times when Amaan and Parth would be playing pen-fight. And this one time when Parth flicked the pen as if it were a Carrom-coin, because of which the pen flew straight out of the open window.

Skimming through the chapter, I remembered how Rane sir had made Kiara and Maahi enact out the whole play. Kiara as Natalya, Maahi as Lomov and sir himself as Chubukov.

After all, no one could keep that man away from drama.

As I read the "Mine! No mine!" debate between the characters, I could only remember the shouting match of Kiara and Maahi, and how the rest of us were laughing. And that end where Natalya and Lomov were to kiss. Amaan and Parth sitting on the first bench demanded that they had enact that particular scene also.

"Woh bhi karo na!"
[Do that as well!]

As Kiara sent that encouraging wink towards Maahi, the latter replied to the boys, "Woh hamare bedroom ki baathe hai, haina Kiara?" Not expecting that reply, all three of them went beserk.
[Those are our bedroom matters, isn't that so Kiara?]

Lightly chuckling to cover up my snort, I realized that I should be concentrating on the chapter. 26th was tomorrow, the day those over hyped 'Boards' were to commence.  Praying to Babaji over and over again so that somehow it could be delayed, maybe cause of that Delhi violence or that Nai-naveli virus, I flipped the pages aimlessly.
[Nai-naveli: Young and beautiful.]

I miss them.

*

English exams were over. It was a piece of cake. But now came the problem. I had no idea about how to complete Hindi in two days. It was almost an impossible task, but not as impossible as completing a Hindi paper was.

I remember how strict Sejal ma'am used to be with our paper corrections. So strict, that after the half-yearly exams, the entire class except me were sitting for remedial sessions. It was such a bad result that despite getting good grades, I decided to stay back for remedial as I did not want to miss anything which she would've taught then. It used to be boring with none of my girls with me.

And for that very reason, I sometimes used to walk back with Amaan.

Those Hindi chapters which were tough enough for the six of them, my friends, to even read that they couldn't make the head or tail of it. The scoldings they used to get from Sejal ma'am for disturbing our Hindi class every time their Sanskrit was cancelled.