37│Circle Of Life

Jivika~

X B

BATCH: 2019-20.

I stared at the printed words for about five seconds and prayed that the photo should come out well. Peeking through my closed eyes, I hoped for some sort of miracle to happen. Waheguru seemed to have closed his ears at my sight.

Really? Why am I always striking a hat trick?

Eighth, ninth and now tenth as well! At least my last school photo could've bestowed some mercy upon me! My eyes were closed and that's not how you take a photo!

Yes, yes. This is that 'dreaded' class photo which only provides me relief that rest of the people look worse than me. But the meme of the year should go to, the way Parth was looking at Amaan.

I mean, what was he hinting?

"Gosh Rhea looks as if she's pregnant with Amaya's child!" Lavanya said, pointing at the two in the photo. While all us were busy cackling, Pranav gave Rhea a look of bewilderment, checking if the statement was shown by her body or not.

"Guys start passing around your slam books," reminded Laysa, so that we would not forget it like last time. As slam books were passed and jokes were shared, Sonika ma'am caught my eyes. She gave me a tiny—the tiniest smile possible—and continued chatting away with Lata ma'am who stood at the door.

The bell had just rung and she was here, within no time. Lata ma'am was one of those teachers who would make you say, 'Saans lena de maate!'.
[Let me breathe woman!]

"Lata ma'am can I please take this forty minutes as well?"

"No Sonika ma'am. Maybe you can take four minutes from that forty. Nothing more, nothing less."

With a defeated smile Sonika ma'am walked out and Lata ma'am in, as she gave us her smile which clearly meant submit-your-assignments. Just when she was about to speak Sachin cut through her, "All my heroes, please move to the back!"

Exactly the way she used to say.

"Yes Sachin!" she replied with a smile, not upset at all with the mimicking.

The class lit up in delight seeing her attitude. This was a rare—very rare event. As the bell rang, the whole class rushed to the washrooms, preparing for what was about to come. Preparation was the key to be successful in anything.

*

After our visits to the washroom, I went along with our gang to our class, which was of course not our class anymore. We begged Pranav, Sourav and Arnav to sit in that cupboard so that we could take a photo.

And we did.

We ourselves sat inside the shelves, to recreate the moment. 

Sejal ma'am, our Hindi teacher, walked past the class with a smile. Laughing at our antics, she walked over and talked with us for some time. 'Ab toh hume bhul jaoge tumlog!' came her statement. Even she knew how wrong she was, we would never forget her of all the people. Our Hindi teacher in sixth, eighth, ninth and tenth grade. Moreover, our class teacher last year who gave two flying fucks to Yogini's complaint of the class bunking Yoga.