five

『 Lavender, 03:10 P

『 Lavender, 03:10 P.M 』

📚

Quite surprisingly, the date had been a success. Despite his apparent coldness, Yoongi turned out to be a smart and interesting man. He was obsessed with music and told me he would often write songs whenever he wasn't stuck at work. The books he bought at the shop were meant to help and inspire him.

But it had been nine days since our date and I hadn't heard from him. I was starting to think that the date went good for me, but not in his opinion. Perhaps was I boring? Honestly, I couldn't speak much. Yoongi was incredibly intimidating, making it hard for me to actually say anything intelligible in front of him.

We did chat and laugh yet I had been very discreet about my personal life. Maybe he didn't like it? I was too engrossed in his "love for music" speech that I couldn't think of anything to say about myself. Unlike him, I had no passion. I loved books but not to the extent of writing one. Watching TV shows and movies was pretty cool but never had I ever thought of acting. I spent a lot of my free time playing video games yet being a professionnal gamer was definitely not for me. To cut a long story short, I had no dream.

"Daydreaming again?" Jimin's voice echoed through the silent place

I sighed as he stopped right next to me, placing his hand on my shoulder. He pressed it lightly, expressing his support.

"You seem sad. It's unlike you!"

"He didn't come back."

It was Jimin's turn to sigh. "He's just some random boy (y/n), don't mind him. He's not worth it."

Jimin didn't like seeing me get sad over such irrelevant things, even more when it was related to boys. He acted like an older brother, always trying to protect me and make me feel better by cheering me up, boosting my self-esteem, taking me out on friendly dates and allow me to open up. He was a great listener and even greater advisor. However, his words felt wrong this time. Although he could be right, I still was disappointed by my own self for being a boring person.

"Do you think anyone would ever date me? It's been so long!"

The black-haired man frowned, addressing me a disapproving look. "It's been three months actually. And obviously (y/n), boys like you a lot."

I rolled my eyes. "I only want Yoongi to like me, that's a pity!"

Just as those words escaped my mouth, the bookshop's front door opened, revealing a familiar face. It was none other than Yoongi himself, the man I wanted to throw myself on.

Jimin tensed next to me, silently watching the costumer walk towards the counter where we were standing. He wore a black cap, hiding the top part of his face, eyes included. Once he stood in front of us, he removed it. He looked absolutely exhausted, dark circles were visible as he rubbed his eyes.

"(Y/n)," he said "may I talk to you?"