twelve

『 Lavender, 11:39 A

Lavender, 11:39 A.M 』

📚

Yoongi once told me he was not the jealous type. I believed him because, why would he lie? Turns out he did lie. Or perhaps he never realized.

"Leaving so suddenly?" I chuckled, leaning against the bookshop's door on the outside.

Surprised by my presence, the music student scoffed, slipping his hands in the pockets of his black puff coat.

"I have things to do."

I frowned, faking confusion. "But I thought you wanted to have lunch with me?"

"I think I have a stomachache. Bye."

A sudden rush of adrenaline made me grip Yoongi's wrist, causing him to stare at me mouth wide open.

"I'd be dumb not to notice how jealous you are right now." I couldn't help but tease him, internally screaming out of joy. Min fucking Yoongi was being jealous, for me. How could I not be happy about it?

He snorted, obviously trying to deny. However, he didn't leave.

"Don't say stupid things."

"So, should I have lunch with Mr.Kim?"

His previously cold gaze softened in a matter of seconds as he silently questionned me. I chuckled.

"Mr.Kim is a lawyer, he worked with my mother. I told him to come by because I know he has a taste for bookshops."

I actually didn't have to justify myself, but I felt like I should. I'd hate it if Yoongi had the wrong idea and left without being aware of whatever was truly going on.

"Weren't you supposed to leave?" I tilted my head on the side, playfully smirking.

"Shut up." he groaned "I'll wait for you in my car."

~ ♡ ~

I was curious about Yoongi's writing skills. Surely creative, he must have written beautiful lyrics, meaningful and deep. He told me he'd write rather than speak, so he easily could express whatever he wanted to. He also made it clear that his writings dealt with his personal feelings.

"Huh, it's nothing big. Just a few words I wrote down. Nothing big." He repeated when I asked if I could read the lyrics he wrote.

I didn't want to make him uncomfortable, so I told him : "If you don't want to, that's fine. Just say it, I get it!"

He sighed. "I'd like to, but I—it's complicated."

I nodded. "Your friends, have they read them already?"

Yoongi pursed his lips, silently making me understand they did. "You know, I write whatever I want to. Or, there are these things that I can't say outloud, so I write them down because it's easier than expressing my feelings."

"Like what?"

He stared at me for a few seconds, nervously playing with the chopsticks in his hands. "I'll just give you an example. Earlier, when you were talking with that lawyer..." I gave him a light smile, encouraging him to keep talking. "I didn't like it. He's good-looking, so I thought—maybe she likes him?"

"Or maybe I like you?"

The black orbs I fell for since day one were fixed on me, sparkling as much as possible. I caught it, the slight sparkle of both satisfaction and surprise that just crossed his beautiful eyes. What I just said got him all shaken up ; he couldn't speak for almost fifteen seconds. He quickly pulled himself together as if I hadn't just saw his reaction. And for once, a grin appeared on his face.

"And whether I like you or not you won't know, because I'll just write it down and never show it to you."