12.

"Nic?" He stopped dead in his tracks at Dakota Kai's words.

"Cheree?" She just about smashed into him. "How in the hell are you doing?" Becky watched through Liv Morgan's large front windows as the brunette smacked Nic multiple times.

"I've known you since I was a fucking kid and haven't heard from you in years. Why the fuck is that?" He chuckled.

"Been busy. Just like you have." He said with a smile. It was then that she saw a young girl walk up to him.

"Da can we leave now?" Dakotas mouth dropped.

"Cher meet my daughter Ellie. El this is Cheree.." He said as he picked her up. "We've known each other since we were kids." As usual Ellie's shyness took over as she buried her face into her fathers shoulder.

"She as shy as you were as a kid?" He chuckled as he nodded. "So how've you been holding up?" He shrugged.

"I've been alright. Just taking life as it comes." He said quietly as Ellie's head turned and her eyes met Dakota's.

"Are you still teaching?" He shook his head.

"Not at the moment. Have this one to worry about now." She started to laugh.

"I was her age when we started to train. Would never hurt to let her try.." The young girls eyes lit up.

"Can I?" Ellie asked as she looked up at Nic.

"We'll see." Both women's arms crossed over her chest. Becky had to hold in her laugh as she continued to watch the two, completely unaware of the fact that they had known each other.

"No you're going to let her try Nic." Dakota stated as her arms crossed. Ellie's face buried into her fathers neck not wanting to be a part of the conversation.

"I'll talk to her mum about it." He said simply before she shook her head.

"You better. It won't kill her Nic." She said before he chuckled quietly.

"I know. But her mum might kill me." Both women started to laugh.

"She will Da." The blonde said softly.

"But hey we have to get going. It was great seeing you Cher." A smile grew on Dakotas face.

"Same Nic. We have to get together one of these days." He nodded.

"Definitely. I'll shoot you a text. Your number hasn't changed right?" She shook her head.

"No it hasn't asshole." He chuckled.

"I know. I know. I'm a bad friend. I move away and lose touch because I'm an idiot. I need to get better at not leaving my best friends behind." Becky watched as the brunettes arms wrapped around him.

"Yea you do Nic. So don't be a stranger." He shook his head.

"I won't let him." Ellie said quietly before the brunette nodded as a smile grew on her face.

"Good because I'd love to get you in a ring one day Love." Dakota said getting a large smile from the blonde. "I'll see you both around." The two nodded before they went their separate ways. "Oh and Nic..." She caught his attention as he closed Ellie's door. "Let me know if you ever want an NXT tryout the McMahons owe me one."

"I may just take you up on that one day."

———

"So you know Cheree?" Becky asked as Nic handed her a beer before popping the cap off of hers and his.

"Yeah we grew up together, even got each other into wrestling. I was kinda an asshole though... basically dropped her when I moved to Ireland. I'm surprised she even talked to me because I was a dick to her." He replied honestly as he shook his head.

"She's always been a sweetheart. Plus I don't think she's be an asshole with El around." He chuckled.

"True. But she offered to get me a tryout for NXT." Becky choked on her sip of beer before spitting it across the coffee table. As she started to cough he slowly rubbed her back. Slowly she regained her composure before she stood and grabbed a towel.

"And what did you say?" He could tell just by her words that she wasn't happy.

"I said maybe." She stopped.

"You can't." His arms crossed over his chest.

"Why the hell not? I'm a fucking grown adult Rebecca." His voice rose but not enough to wake up Ellie. "I've given up my life to stay home and take care of El while you live yours.." Some of the girls leaving Livs house stopped as they saw Becky in the window of the house across the street. When they saw Nic move to stand right in front of her all of them were staring. "I can still take care of her while actually doing something for myself for once." Charlotte walked out of Livs house, slowly her eyes followed everyone else's to the scene unfolding in front of them.

"My god you're such an asshole. You were the one that said you were okay with giving everything up. You were the one that wanted to stop. Yet now you blame it all on me. Grow the fuck up and realize that you.." Her finger was on his chest pushing him back. "Made these decisions. Not me."

"Bull-Fucking-Shit." For the first time in her life she smacked him. One hard smack across his cheek. The second Charlotte started moving towards the house all of the other women followed. Nic was frozen in place, he had no idea what to say or how to respond. Becky took a step towards him before she grabbed at his shirt and pulled him down to her height. Neither one of them noticing the group of women outside their windows as she practically yelled her next words.

"Get it through your thick fucking skull. You made your own decisions. I made mine. Am I sorry that I've hid you and Ellie for so long? Yes, yes I am. But I'm trying to fix that. So grow up and stop taking everything out one me. You made your choice. Not me." His hand came up and pried her off of his shirt.

"I will when you stop trying to control my every move."