Chapter Eight: Lost

Uzui assisted his wife, Hinatsuru, who was caught by Daki few days ago and was placed in her sash but finally got out from it and now was assisted by Uzui.

"Tengen-sama, please don't mind me. Just go ahead. You probably heard a sound earlier ago. That was the demon, who I believe is now on a rampage." Hinatsuru slowly said.

"You sure you okay?" Uzui asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry for not being any use to you." Hinatsuru said.

"You don't need to do anything anymore. Once the antidote takes effect, get out of Yoshiwara, understood?" Uzui said.

"... okay." Hinatsuru uttered as Uzui hugged her for the last time before finding the sound that Hinatsuru was talking about.

Uzui started to run in the roofs of the houses of the Yoshiwara silently like the wind itself.

'The battle has begun. Where are they by the way? Sense their prescence!' Uzui thought.

Uzui landed on the ground as he believed that under the ground he is standing, is where the sound occured. He puts his head on the ground and listened to it.

'Oh! That's the sound of fighting! I can hear the reverbations! There's a huge cave underground. But the tunnels on it are so narrow that even the little kids can go through.' Uzui thought. He now unwraps the swords behind and started to unleash his first form.

"Sound Breathing, First Form, Thunder!!" Uzui said as he slash the ground many times and creating a huge whole on it.

Daki suddenly noticed that there are some noises from above as Uzui starts to break in their place.

"These bugs are an eyesore. What was that sound? What are they doing? Where? Ogimoto house, and now Hinatsuru..." Daki uttered.

"How many of you have arrived in here? Four?" Daki asked.

"Not saying!" Tanjiro replied.

"If you'll tell me the truth, I can let you live.  Besides, we clashed a little but your sword is already chipped. Whoever forged it must be a crappy blacksmith." Daki mocked.

"No!! The person who forged this blade is an amazing swordsmith and also, he is a proper skilled blacksmith as well!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Then, why is it chipped, dumbass?" Daki uttered.

"You're beginning to quiver all over the place. You're getting into my nerves now, so I'll kill you with my next blow!" Daki said.

'A blade only breaks because maybe of its user. Maybe I can't master the Water Breathing Technique. I can't be a Water Breathing swordsman like Mr. Urokodaki or Tomioka san. But, I can produce more powerful strikes from the Dance of the Fire God because it is more compatible in my body. However, due to its raw strength, I can only use it consecutively. I should do it. I will do it!! That's why I trained. Burn, burn, burn!' Tanjiro thought.

'Set your heart ablaze!' Rengoku said in Tanjiro's memories as Tanjiro widened his eyes and now starts to attack Daki with the Dance of the Fire God.

"Dance of the Fire God, Scorching Crimson Mirror!" Tanjiro said as he slashed Daki's sashes wavingly and making it severe from her body.

'His sword style changed. His attacks are now sharper than before.' Daki thought while looking at her bleeding sash.

Tanjiro suddenly charged at Daki and attempts to slash her once again.

"Flame Waltz!" Tanjiro exclaimed. Tanjiro slashes spinning in a vertical manner like the Second Form of the Water Breathing to hit Daki.

'Flame Waltz is a two-combo strike! If she dodges one, there's another.' Tanjiro thought.