Chapter 21

*Y/n's side of the story*

Y/n's p.o.v.

07.10.2005.

Even though it's cold outside, i decided to go out today. It was sunny not too long ago, but it started raining very hard when I was about to leave the store. I still had some money left, so i bought an umbrella and head towards my home.
The whole street and ground is wet and it makes my shoes and socks wet as well.
People around me are running to get to their homes.
I never understood why are people trying to avoid the rain. Maybe because it can make people sick?

I love rain. Sound of it hitting the ground Is so calming. But my mom said that every time when Is raining, i have to wear an umbrella. And I have to listen to everything mom says.
I tight the bag I hold in my hand and walk.
When I am about to pass by the playground, i stopp when I notice someone.
A boy.
He looks not to much older than me, and Is walking down the street, alone. Without an umbrella. His hair and clothes are completely wet.
I feel sorry for him. No one wants to help him. So what I do next, is approach him and offer my umbrella to him.
Now to look at him close, he isn't much taller than me. And Is pretty. And cute. So cute.
I put my arm under his to keep us close, and he blushes at that. So sweet!
And like that, we starts walkin together to his home.
Boy:"Hey,um...T-thank you for umbrella, and also for walking with me. It was so kind of you." He says once we arrive in front of his home.
Me:"It's nothing." I enjoyed that as well, anyway.
Boy:"Do you, um... Want to come in? My mom can make us some hot chocolate."
Me:"That's very sweet of you, but my mom is probably already worried about me, so I have to go."
Me:"Can you promise me that you will bring the umbrella next time you're going out? You can catch a cold if you don't have it."
Boy:"I-i.. I promise."
Aww, he looks so cute right now.
I give him a smile before turning to walk away, but i stop when i hear his question.
Boy:"Will we meet again? We Can go out and play sometimes."
It made me look at him over my shoulder.
Me:"If it's meant for us to meet again, then we will. We Can even go and have that hot chocolate."
I love that sentence so much. I got it from the book my mom gave me.
With that said, i turn around again and walk away from him.

Little did I know,
It was meant for me and Jeon Jungkook to meet again.
Many years later.

______________________________

As I step inside the house, I'm greeted by nothing but a silence.
I take off my shoes and put away my umbrella, and then run to the living room, where my mom was.
As usuall, i find her lying in bed, covered by blanket but still shivering.
I quickly go to my room, grab a blanket, my favourite one and return to living room. I put the blanket over my mom, hoping that would help Her get warm and cheer her up a bit.
She smiled at me as a 'thank you'.
Me:"Mom look. I have something for you. "
I grab the bag, open it and took a Music box from inside.
Me:"I bought you a Music box. Since I know how much you love them."
It Is true. My mom always listened to a specific Music box she got from my dad. Thanks to her, I started liking Music as well.
I opened a box and it started playing.
Me:"Happy birthday Mommy. I love you."
She smiled at me again.
Mom:"Thank you honey."
It came out as a whisper, but i know that is really hard for her to talk.
Me:"Do you need anything?"
I asked her once i put the box on a table beside her.
She shook head. I kiss her cheek and go to my room.
My every day is basically the same. I am helping my mom as much as I can. But it Is hard for me to watch her struggling like that. I wish my brother Is here. I miss him so much...
I am dressing into my pyjama when a phone starts ringing.
I went to it and pick a call.
Me:"Hello?"
?:"Hi! Is this y/n I'm talking to?"
Me:"Yes? And can i ask you who are you, Miss?"
?:"Oh my godness, you have such great manners! Well, I'm Kim Lisa, your aunt."
Me:"Wow! You are really my aunt?"
Lisa:"Yes, dear. And I would like to aks you something."
Me:"Go on."
Lisa:"Would you and your mother like to come to America?"
Me:"You mean... To live there?"
Lisa:"Yes. Your mom can get here the right medical treatment, and i think it would be easier for you too."

At that Point, i start crying. My mom will finally be able to get a medical treatment and to get healty.
Lisa:"So Is that a Yes?"
Me:"I will talk to my mom about it. But I'm sure she has nothing against it."
Lisa:"Okay! Then I will reserve a tickets for you both."
I ended the call. Feeling so happy at the moment. My mom will get healty...

____________________

So yes, it's been a while since then. We already landed at America, and went to live at Aunt Lisa's house, which Is huge. She has a lot of money, but i don't get it why mom never told me about Her. It's Her own sister after all.
Even though mom was supposed to go to all those therapies, her condition Is getting worse. She can't attend that therapies because she is allergic to most of the medicines. And that Is huge problem.
Doctors Are curently working on finding a medicine that can Help Her at least a little, but it's going very, very slow.

I thought this is just another normal day. But it was far from normal.
I am dressing right now, but out of nowhere, door of my room burst open revealing my aunt. Crying.
She says nothing. Just kneel to my Level and hug me really tight. I feel like i can't breathe. But...
What is the reason od her crying?
Lisa:"I'm sorry..." It was more quiet than a whisper, but i still managed to hear it.
I was very confused.
Until it hit me.
I start shaking really hard.
'no, this isn't happening' said the voice in my head.
I was trying to wake up, feeling like this is all just a bad dream.
I can't take it.
I burst out crying.
My mom Is gone...

______________________
Those months have been really hard for me.
I can't eat. I can't sleep. I can't do anything. It's not healty, i know. But i can't help it. The only thing i need right now Is gone, and i can't have it.
My aunt Is also not doing great. I hear her cry every night when i pass her room to get to mine. But in front of me, She's trying to act strong. Probably don't want to Make me sad too. It's not working.
Now, there's only my Aunt and me living in this house.
She became so much like my mom. She Is cooking, she Is cleaning, and doing everything else in the house.
She is treating me like her own daughter. And i really feel loved by her. But it can never replace my mom.
I am hardly getting out of the house. Just sometimes i go in the backyard to walk a little. Aunt Lisa suggested me to go to private lessons of English, since i will be needing that once I start school.
____________________

12.03.2006.

I am currently in the kitchen, helping Aunt Lisa with cooking. We both jump  of surprise when we hear knock on the door.
Lisa:"Who can that be?" She asks herself before going out to open.
Lisa:"Hello, how can I-"
And it was quiet for a few seconds.
Feeling curious, i left the kitchen and went to main hall, where door was, along with Aunt Lisa and other person.
And that person...
Was the one I was hoping to never see again.