Chapter 1: Mommy?!

Lisa's POV

--- beep --- beep --- beep --- beep --- beep ---

I opened my eyes and saw a white room. My head hurts. Mu whole body hurts. It feels like I haven't moved for years. Where am I? What am I doing here? I tried to sit and groaned as I find it hard to move, but someone helped me. She was wearing a laboratory gown and some tube thingy. She was wearing a mask, and my heart was beating madly. "Who are you?" The door swung open wide revealing two kids running to me, and a woman with a man carrying a basket full of fruits. I wonder who they were. 

The two kids hugged me and showered me with kisses. While they were doing that, I saw the woman who was wearing a laboratory coat crying. But why? Why would she cry? Does she know me?

"I brought you a basket full of fruits, my cousin!" Said the woman. "I'm glad to see you awake!" The man then declared. 

"I miss you mommy!" said the little boy, and the little girl screamed, "No! I miss mommy more!"

Wait... MOMMY?! I'm a mom? 

I stood up even though I'm dizzy and was about to walk away, but the woman stopped me. "Hey! Where do you think you're going?" I tried to get out from her hold. She didn't let me go, "Don't touch me! I don't know you people! Let go of me!" By looking at their faces, I know they're all shocked aside from the woman wearing the laboratory coat. Why is she crying? Why is this view breaking my heart? Are they my family?

My train of thoughts ended when the woman in white spoke, "She has amnesia." Me? Amnesia? What's that? I seemed to be familiar with the word, but I couldn't remember what it really means. 

"Amnesia is an illness. You won't remember anything, but the less important things." The woman in white spoke. "You were in coma too in the last 8 months." What?! Coma? Like.. I've been asleep for 8 months now? 

I looked at them and saw the two kids crying. Am I really their mother? But who's the father? Am I married? I looked at my hands and saw a ring on my finger. There is something written on it, but I can't see it clear.  Are these.. numbers?

I went back to the hospital bed and lay down. The woman went out with the man and the kids. 

Now, I'm all alone with the woman in white, which I assumed is my doctor.  My heart aches as she went closer to me. I can see that she's also hurt. She fixed my hair and tucked me under the blanket. She was about to leave when I held her hand and felt electricity through the contact. We stared at each other for a moment until I decided to speak. 

"I-I want to know who I am. I want to remember everything. I know you know me. P-Please tell me what I'm missing."