Chapter 2: It Hurts

Jennie's POV

(Before Lisa woke up)

It hurts. It hurts knowing that she doesn't remember me anymore. What should I do? Should I tell her directly? No. It might cause her severe headaches for having a hard time processing it. And I don't want to see her hurt.

Now, I'm here standing in front of her. I'm watching her sleeping inside this hospital room. I am not the doctor assigned to her, but I visit and check her status often. 

Thank God, we all survived from the accident 8 months ago. I'm waiting for her to wake up while reminiscing what happened.

Flashback

We were on our way home when a truck appeared coming to our way and it crashed into ours. Everything turned black for me. 

I woke up in a hospital. A very huge room where I found Klymene on the hospital bed few meters away from mine.

My cousin, Taehyung, is here. He helped me sit when he saw me having a hard time switching my position. I asked him as soon as he finished helping me, "Taehyung, where's Ixion and Ariagne? Please don't tell me  they're dead!" He got up and handed me a water, "They're still in the OR. Ixion and Lisa had a huge damage in their heads. They're still on it. Don't worry, the best doctors are handling them."  

"Please check them right now, Taehyung. Please. We're fine here. Just please don't leave them there." I told him. He just nodded and went out to check my loving wife and son. He's a nurse anyway. 

Days have passed and I was discharged along with Klymene. Lisa and Ixion was still in the hospital. Lisa is in coma and the doctors gave me the results of the operation and told me that she will surely have amnesia as soon as she wakes up.

While Ixion? He's awake, but he would have heavy migraines and would always cry because of the unexplainable pain. My poor babyy.

I went back to work as a week have passed  and Ixion was discharged from the hospital. Every lunch, I would go to my Lisa's room and would cry my heart out. Sometimes, Klymene and Ixion comes with me to look after their mommy. Lisa's cousins were there too to watch after Ariagne and the kids.

End of flashback

I was brought back to reality when I saw her hand moved and frown. She's awake! But why couldn't I move? Why can't I say something?

She was having a hard time to sit so I helped her, "Who are you?" I felt my heart break even more as I heard her statement. 

I thought of telling her that I'm just her bestfriend because I don't want to startle her. I was about to speak when the door burst open. It revealed her cousins, Chaeyoung and Bambam.

A/N: I'm so sorry if I give short chapters because I just really like it that way. Like, it would give a thrilling-like sensation. Like, it would trigger the reader's curiosity and stuffs.