Chapter 9 - Confession ❤️

Evan decided to stay behind after the track practice was over to figure out what exactly was going on between Kyle and Yuki.  He hid behind a shrub and waited to see if anything would happen.

"I'll let you know once the locker room is empty so you can go in," Kyle told Yuki as he wrapped a towel around his shoulders, "And, I won't barge in this time.  If I need anything from you, I'll ask first."  He patted Yuki's back and grinned at him.

"Thanks," Yuki said.  His cheeks held a faint pink glow, feeling grateful that Kyle respected his privacy and preferences.  Evan found it suspicious that Yuki wanted to be the last in the locker room, squinting at the interaction.  He continued to wait until the rest of the team was done, keeping his grey eyes open for anything juicy.

"I wonder where Evan went," one of his friends said to another boy as everyone was walking out, "He usually showers with us."

"Maybe he went home already," the other boy responded.

"Yeah, you're probably right.  With how upset he was today, he really needs some time for himself."

~*~

Kyle checked the locker room, anticipating the emptiness.  He hadn't showered yet either but wanted the other guys to hurry the hell up so he could be with Yuki.  When he didn't find anyone, he whispered something in Yuki's ear, making him blush, as they both walked into the empty locker room together.  Evan stealthily reopened the locker room door and hid behind a wall of lockers, peeking around the corner to keep an eye on them.  Luckily for him, it was still steamy in the shower hall because of the recently used showers and warm water, allowing him to be hidden from their view.

Yuki unlocked his locker and got out his stuff, eager to get clean.  Kyle sat on the long wooden bench in front of the locker wall Yuki was at, watching.  Yuki was about to take off his shirt when Kyle spoke.

"I've been meaning to ask you...well, if you're okay with telling me, that is-" Kyle began, looking at Yuki.  A bright red blush formed on his face as he took in the sight before him.  Yuki was breathing heavily because of the warm room and recent practice, and small drops of sweat rolled off of his pale skin.  His arms were crossed at the bottom of his shirt, having stopped to listen to what Kyle had to say.  His stomach was exposed though, letting Kyle getting a good view of his abs and slim build.  His muscles weren't "buff" or "rock solid", but to Kyle, Yuki looked perfect.

"Yeah?" Yuki asked, exhaling deeply as he took off his tank top.  Since Kyle was the only one he trusted with his secret, he felt fine showing him what was underneath.  Yuki looked curiously at him, wondering what he was going to ask, but Kyle just gawked at Yuki's figure.

"What are you staring at?" Yuki asked him as a blush started to form on his face as well, "Is it the binder?  Sorry...I know it's probably weird to see it..."

"I'm looking at you," Kyle answered, "You're just so...beautiful."  Both boys' blushes deepened rapidly.  Meanwhile, in the corner of the locker area, Evan was going to explode.  He knew that something weird was going on, but he wasn't expecting them to be that close!  Also, what was that thing on Yuki's chest?

"Stop it," Yuki said, smiling a bit, "That's not true."

"No, it really is.  You don't need to feel ashamed about yourself, because even if you think that you're not, just know that...I...like you." Kyle's hands flew to his chest and over his heart as he confessed his feelings, "And I get that you probably don't like me back but-!" To his utter shock, Yuki was the one to make a bold move - he pulled Kyle by the front of his shirt and smashed his lips onto his, cutting him off.  Kyle's eyes stayed wide open at first, but as he processed what was happening, he let them slowly close, cherishing the moment that he had waited so long for.  He moved his hands to Yuki's thin waist, pulling him closer as they continued to move their lips on each other.  Yuki's hands snaked from Kyle's chest to up his shoulders, stopping to rest at the back of his neck. He tilted his head, granting him greater access.  After what seemed like forever, they both parted from each other, panting from the limited air.  Evan, after having seen everything that just happened, was passed out on the floor in the corner of the locker room, a thin trickle of blood running down from his nose.

"...I...like you too," Yuki responded.

(803 words, 4 November 2019)

(802 words, edited 31 May 2020)