Chapter 20 - Café Date

⚠️ - Warning for some swearing on Adrijan's part.

Thin rays of sunlight peeked through the bedroom window, casting highlights on Pe's sleeping face.  Adrijan put his left hand to his forehead in an attempt to soothe the pounding headache he felt; he had barely gotten any sleep with his long-time crush laying beside him.  She was still asleep but tightly clung onto his right arm.  He slowly turned his head towards her, calmed by the sight of her peaceful expression.  This is what he had so greatly desired for a long time: to wake up next to her.  She seemed so far out of his grasp before, but now his dream was unfolding before his eyes.  He felt as if his heart would explode from its rapid beating, and the heat in his face was an all too familiar sensation.  Ever so slowly, he reached out his free hand to her, and gently combed his fingers through her long, dark hair.  It felt like silk passing in between his fingers, definitely befitting her beauty.   After a few more strokes, her eyes slowly fluttered open, and she smiled sleepily at him.

"Good morning," she greeted him softly, "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah," he lied, not wanting her to worry about him.

"You still look tired," she said, cupping a hand around his face.  She could feel the warmth in his cheeks as she slowly swept the pad of her thumb beneath his olive eyes.

"Sorta."

"We can go back to sleep if you'd like, it still looks early," she offered.  "Besides, it's the weekend, so there's no school today."  He silently shifted his body so that his head nuzzled in the crook of her neck, and he wrapped his arms around her torso.  "I guess that's a yes, then?" She felt him nod against her skin and smiled.  He squeezed her waist a bit, muttering something.

"I don't wanna get up..." he groaned, "it's warm... and soft..." She giggled as her right hand met his upper back and gently rubbed circles, lulling him back to sleep.  "I like it here... with you," he mumbled as he looked up at her.  To him, her embrace was so warm and comforting, filled with so much love and care.  If it were up to him, he'd never leave her arms.  He stared into her eyes longingly, yearning to taste the sweetness of her lips again.  Her kiss the night before was gentle and soft, leaving him craving more.  Perhaps it was his dreamlike daze that gave Adrijan the extra push he needed to act so boldly.

"Please, give me a chance... I promise I'll make you happy." He blurted; he did love her, and if she took a chance on him, he knew he could make her forget all about Henry.

"Well...  I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try..." she started, but her gaze shifted to the side, "But what about-" Adrijan knew what she was going to ask: what they would do about him (frankly, Adrijan didn't even want to think about that guy after hearing what he did).  He bravely slipped his left hand to the back of Pe's neck and pulled her into a deep kiss, one that lasted much more than a few seconds.  His fingers just began to tangle into her hair, and she gasped for air as she pulled away in shock.

"He can go to hell," Adrijan said, a darker tone in his voice, "I'll be the one you're thinking about.   He doesn't deserve you."  He pressed little kisses to her jawline as he slowly pulled his hand through her long tresses.  She squeaked at the contact; he'd never been like this before.  She could tell that he had been envious of Henry all this time.

"To be honest," he began, "I was afraid you'd be gone by the time I woke up.  I thought that last night, I might have fucked up the chance to be with you...  just 'cause I said and did stupid things."

"Oh, Adrijan...  you're the one who let me stay over.  It wouldn't be right to leave after you've been so kind.  Actually, I feel a little guilty for causing you trouble like this..."