Unspoken

Shouta P.O.V

"You know...it's clear that you have feelings for-"

"I know", It's not like I didn't know, but it felt stupid to say it out loud because I wasn't sure if Katsumi felt the same way.

"If you know, then why not say anything", I sighed at that very question. Why wasn't the answer obvious to her?

"She much rather be with Hizashi. Relationships are irrational anyway", I huffed.

"I never said you had to be in a relationship with her. Baby steps Aizawa. Let's start off by you telling her you like her"

"Tch how about no?", we finally pulled up to my house and she put the car in park, looking at me sympathetically.

"I know your not big on relationships-"

"Then why continue on with this conversation?"

"Because I see how this is affecting you. You may not see it, but your whole persona is changing. I even heard you expelled 3 students today"

"That's because they didn't-"

"Whatever you say won't change my mind Aizawa. It's because you don't like the fact that Yamada and Matsui are dating", I hated that she was right. It irks me that those two are so close.

"I lied. I don't like her"

"Now your just avoiding the conversation", she argued.

"No. I mean I don't just like her. We're talking about somebody I knew for years. Somebody that hasn't left my side until 17. My first real friend", I said.

"I'm not understanding. Where are you hinting at?", her confused eyes locked with my tired ones. It's been a while since I said this out loud.

"I love her"

*meanwhile with Katsumi*

"Slow your roll there. Don't you think 5 shots is a little overboard?", Hizashi removed the tiny glass from her hands and attempted to calm her down.

"Well I'm paying, so 5 shots is *burps* not enough. One more sh-"

"The next shot you give her better be filled with water", Hizashi warned the bartender.

"Such a buzzkilll", Katsumi looked down at the water filled glass and scoffed.

"I'm not drinking it", she said.

"Why are you being so stubborn?", Hizashi was slowly becoming irritated at Katsumi for being childish.

"You know he hasn't asked once, not once, how my career is going. I doubt he even listens to my songs. He's to busy with Asami. Me and him are supposed to be friends. Best friends. What happened to that", he watched as she rambled on about her problems. He understood where she was getting this frustration from, but he knew how Shouta is.

Shouta isn't a big fan of music, but Hizashi recognizes how Shouta acts different around Katsumi. It surprises him, but at the same time doesn't when she says Shouta hasn't ask her about her career.

"I know how you may feel a little on the down side"

"A little?", her pout made his body slouch down from how bad he felt.

"Ok a lot, but I won't sit here and watch you drink your problems away. Why not talk to him?"

"Your hilarious. I always knew you were funny", she said while poking at Hizashi's nose. The drunken side of her began to show more.

He grabbed her hand softly and moved it away from his face sighing, "I'm serious"

"He's impossible. You should know that better than I do. Your the one that's been friends with him for the last 13 years"

"I know he can be a pain in the ass, trust me, but he's not that bad. We both know this. Just give him a little push and-"

"A push? Listen to yourself. He doesn't care. I shouldn't have to give him a 'push' for him to ask. Maybe he should be a good friend instead of dicking down random girls", the tears began to prick at her eyes. She hated crying, but she couldn't stop it. It already began to fall down her face.

"There's this Halloween party this weekend. You should come. I heard it was supposed to be wicked fun, so when we're there you won't be so sad", she smiled at his suggestion. He really cared for her feelings.

"Sounds fun", she wiped her tears and drank the water she refused to drink earlier.

"That's what I'm talking about. Let me go ahead and take you back, so you can go hang out with Sho. Maybe you can talk things through", he smiled.

"I don't want to talk to him about it. He's not gonna care", with that being said she walked out the bar leaving Hizashi to pout.

"Katsumi...", her name sounded so desperate coming from his mouth. He didn't like seeing her this way. If she wasn't gonna talk to him...then he was.

*back with Shouta*

The two pulled up at his house and Katsumi didn't look so happy.

"Don't look like that. I'll stay out here for 10 minutes. If anything spirals out within that time then you can just come back to my place for the night. Sounds good?"

She nodded her head in agreement.

She walked inside the house to see Shouta on the couch, fidgeting. His leg was bouncing up and down and he was messing with his fingers. It was unusual to see him like this.

"Hey", it was barely over a whisper, but he heard it.

"Hey", his low voice was definitely heard, but both of them greeted with hushed tones.

"Are we still going out?", she asked. Her voice sounded so fragile, she was hoping that he would be excited about this.

"About that, I know this is an inconvenience, but I was called to patrol for the-",

"It's fine", he wasn't expecting such a calm response from her.

"Rain check?", she didn't even answer him. Instead she walked to the guest room and packed a bag for the night.

"Where you going?", he asked.

"Where I'm actually wanted. See you tomorrow", she walked out the door while Shouta was still confused on what she meant.

It's not like he wanted to cancel, but at the end of the day he's still a Pro Hero. He can't just not do his job.

"That quick? What happened?", asked Hizashi.

"Can we just go to your house please", her head was down and he could see fresh tears fall down her face.

"Ok"