Ouch

Aizawa P.O.V

"You heard it loud and clear. Katsumi is single! What happened Present Mic? Katsumi too much for you", I rolled my eyes at his comment. They were never really dating. What's with radio shows and having to bring up relationships? People actually care about that kind of stuff?

"Let me stop before the fans start coming for me. Talking about fans, how are you doing Katsumi? I heard your last interview spiked up some drama", he continued.

These fans of hers are not the ones to play with. Now I understand why she needed extra protection.

"It was just a huge misunderstanding is all. I cleared it all up earlier this week. Crisis averted", she laughed.

"That's good. We don't want you getting hurt. Be nice out there folks, she's one of the good ones and we need her here. *laughs* Well that's all the time we have today, so thank you Katsumi for being here and blessing us with your presence. Can't wait for more music. Be on the look out for Katsumi's new album and make sure to tune in tomorrow at 8 am for a chance to speak with me. Anything and everything with Mr. King. Peace out"

Katsumi got up from her chair and walked out the booth. We have to go to the recording studio after this because she insist on getting a new song started. 'They deserve it' so she says.

The same people that tried to trample her three days ago deserve her music. No sense at all.

"Ok Shouta, let's get going before he starts asking me questions again", I nodded in understanding and escorted her out the building to the car.

Before I forget to bring you guys to speed. I was promoted to personal security. Why? No idea.

"Should it be uptempo or something slower. I don't want to make a upbeat song because most of my songs on the album aren't like that", I didn't respond because I knew she was talking to herself. Last time I responded to her little rants, she gave me a look of confusion and forgot what she was even talking about. It's best if I just don't interfere.

"Maybe a mix of both", she mumbled.

This is all she does. Music this. Music that. And to be honest...I love when she talks about it. I'm learning a lot of stuff about her. She hates pudding, horror movies are stupid according to her and apparently black isn't a real color.

"Both it is", I chuckled at her tone. She really hasn't changed from when we were younger.

(Flashback)

"You never pay attention. It's yellow idiot", the two were at Shouta's house. Katsumi and him were sharing interesting facts about one another.

"Don't you thinks that's a little...bright", you could hear the hatred. Shouta was not a fan of bright colors.

"Would it kill you to like another color other than black"

"Yes", he grabbed his sketch book designing his hero uniform.

"Those look like pajamas", she laughed.

"They're not. It will help me move more efficiently", he grumbled.

"Don't you need something to protect your eyes?"

"Yes. I just haven't found the right design for it yet", it was like he was mumbling his words. He was so focused on his hero costume.

"How about this", she grabbed the sketch book from his hands and drew a pair of goggles. It was fairly simple. Just something that would cover his eyes so nothing would block his vision.

"That actually might work", he said surprisingly.

He grabbed the book from her hands and began to write notes. Classic Shouta.

"You should make them yellow", she said happily.

"No"

"Oh come on. You need some sort of color"

"I have a grey scarf"

"You know what I meant", she scoffed.

"No"

"Let's play Rock Paper Scissors for it. If I win then your goggles have to be yellow"

"No"

"I'll get you that cat bed you wanted for Kiko", he really wanted a bed for his cat. Kiko was doing so good this week.

"Fine", and suddenly no wasn't his favorite word anymore.

Rock. Paper. Scissor. Shoo. It all went by so fast. One of them feeling extreme joy and the other filled with sadness...she lost.

(End of flashback)

"Can we run that back one more time please", for the seventh time I heard the music play back and my heart stung. This was the same song Hizashi had given to me when he said she was working on a new song. Hearing it over and over gives me mixed feelings. Usually when artist make music...there's a reason behind it right? So maybe this song was about someone. You know...someone close.

I only heard the chorus, so hearing the beginning made me feel sore. Something about it made me feel bad. So this was the power of music huh.

For seven takes all she did was sing the first verse and I was becoming a little skeptical. I only say that because they kept asking if she wanted to run the whole thing, but she kept saying no. Did she finish her song already?

"Perfect. I'll add the effects later. See you in a couple days", the man got up from his chair and grabbed his belongings. Katsumi gave him a hug before he left out.

"You sounded great", I said in my usual monotoned voice.

"Thanks Shouta. That means a lot coming from you", does it really?

Maybe I should ask her about the song, "Hey Katsumi...I uh-"

"I hate this radio show. He called me out in front of millions. We were never even a couple. It was just for show!", I watched Hizashi burst through the doors complaining about her interview.

"Who let you in?", I asked annoyed.

"My pal of course. Him, me and Katsumi used to hang out a couple weeks back", he smiled.

Of course they did.

"You ready?", my fist tighten realizing that two made plans.

"Heck yeah!", he said excitingly. She grabbed her purse and handed me a flash drive.

"I want you to take this. Be careful with it ok. I trust you", with that being said she turned around leaving me in the studio alone. Leaving me for Hizashi. Again. No surprise there.

I looked at the flash drive and all the pent up feelings that I had in me came rushing back. It's probably one of her songs that she wants me to keep safe so she doesn't lose it while she's hanging out with Hizashi. Whatever. I'm always gonna be the second choice and I learned to accept it. But it hurts. It hurts so fucking bad.

Why doesn't she see that...