ch0: prologue

chalkboard was being written by chalk by the teacher, the crowd of students wearing blue blazers was paying attention. well, everyone except this guy.

his name, was hangyul. one of those popular hot boys the girls go crazy for. a second year. he always wore his favourite watch, it was a gift from his parents. his real parents. before they threw him away.

he was hiding his face, with his folded arms on the table. in short, he was taking a nap in the middle of class.

after the teacher was done writing on the chalkboard, the teacher turned around, puts the chalk on the bottom side of the chalkboard where they put the stuff. she scanned the class before she could explain her scribbles, she then squinted at hangyul. she then loudly slamed her palms on the teacher's desk right in front of her.

hangyul flinched in his sleep, he raised his chin. looking at the teacher with sleepy eyes.

"hangyul, please pay attention." she yelled, but not with an angry tone. hangyul rubs his eyes and nodded. "do you ever get enough sleep at your house?" 

"i was studying at home, miss oh." he lied.

ms. oh took a glance at hangyul as she was turning to the chalkboard, she then loudly spoke to the students, explaining what her scribbles meant.

this time, hangyul wasn't asleep. but he wasn't paying attention. he was picturing other things in his head. he wasn't paying attention from the start until the end of class.

when class was over, he sighed in relief and shoved his books and pencils into his backpack, then wore it but only one strap. he rushed out of class, to the lockers.

when he was there, he searched for his locker keys in his backpack, nothing. so he checked his pockets, nothing.

"looking for this?" a tall boy beside him said, leaning against the lockers. hangyul twisted his head to see him. he was showing hangyul his locker keys, that were hanging on the tip of his index finger.

"seungwoo hyung." hangyul whined, trying to reach for his keys. seungwoo laughed and handed him his keys. "thank you very much

while hangyul was going to put his bag in his locker, seungwoo spoke, "yo, don't you think the new girl's cute?"

"what new girl?" hangyul asked, as he closed and locked his locker.

"they said her name's kwon hyori. she's a third year, wooseok told me about her." seungwoo explained to hangyul, though hangyul didn't looked like he was interested.

"wow," hangyul looked at seungwoo with a lazy face on, the leaned forward to him, "she sounds great." sarcasm formed in his voice.

"there she is, good luck." seungwoo gave him a pat on the shoulder and pointed behind him, seungwoo then left. hangyul was confused, not knowing what he meant.

"what?" hangyul asked.

"hi." a voice of a sweet girl spoke from behind.

"oh, i see." hangyul then said, exhaustedly. he turned to the voice, and faced the person who was wanting to talk to him. he puts a smile on his face. "hello, there. i'm hangyul, you must be the new girl."

"yes, i am! my name's hyori." she shook hands with hangyul, with a cheerful face on.

oh, fuck. he said to himself.

"i was just wondering if we could have some time together. ya know, go to a cafe or something." hyori then leaned to hangyul's ear. "just the two of us."

hangyul laughed awkwardly. "um, sounds great. but-"

"good!" hyori excitedly held hangyul's hands. "meet me in the cafe nearest to this school!" she then ran away.

hangyul was terrified, he didn't move a muscle as he stares at her skip away from his sight.

"i think she likes you." a voice inside the locker right behind hangyul, he then opened the unlocked locker, so he opened it easily. seeing seungwoo hide. hangyul pulls seungwoo out of the locker, with an unhappy face. "what? a cute girl asked you out! why aren't you happy?"

"happy?!" hangyul asked. "she's a complete stranger, and she asked me out on a date! she whispered into my ear that she wanted it to be just the two of us. that's the creepiest thing that has ever happened to me in years!" 

"well, you did introduced yourselves before she asked you out." seungwoo said. "that leads to the fact that you aren't strangers anymore."

"but i just met her." hangyul answered. "it's still creepy."

---

after school, that was the time where hangyul needed to meet the creepy girl who asked him out, while they just met in that same day. he then stopped at the entrance, checking the weather by putting his hand out.

"welp, today's rainy." hangyul said to himself as he puts his backpack off and looked for his umbrella. right on time, when he found his umbrella, a girl stood beside him. hangyul then looked at the girl with his sleepy eyes. it was hyori, like you expected.

"i didn't brought my umbrella." she giggled, hangyul opened his umbrella and looked forward.

"no." he said then took a step forward. he then felt a pull on his arm, he looked at her, he knew that it was hyori. "i said no, go get you're own umbrella."

"we are going to the same place anyways." she looked at him with puppy eyes on. hangyul groaned at let her go with him, even though he didn't wanted to. she squealed and held onto his arm.

---

hangyul tried to avoid eye contact, he stared at his coffee. while hyori had her head on her palms, looking at hangyul with a bright smile on. hangyul then looked at her with an annoyed face.

"can you stop that?" hangyul asked, with an attitude.

"stop what? i'm not doing anything." she answered, blinking at him.

"the staring, i mean." he told her. but, instead he stared her back.

"i'm sorry, gyul gyul." she apologised then winked at him, with a smile after that wink.

"and the weird nicknames too." 

"fine, if you don't want to see me anymore. i can just wake you up." hyori stood up from her seat and went towards him. hangyul panicked.

--- 

his sight suddenly became dark, he tried opening his eyes. he was in his room. he then realised that it was all a dream, making him feel relived. 

"what the hell was that shit?" hangyul then stood up and went to get ready for his day of school.

a/n: lol starting off with a really long intro