ch17: we meet again

hangyul then stood in front of the starbucks cafe, the place where he first hung out with seungyeon. he stood there, cherishing small memories, smiling to himself. he then snapped out his thoughts and entered. he scanned the whole area, searching for his parents. he then found a couple sitting on the couch, the woman had red hair, while the husband had normal black hair. hangyul then approached them, with a nervous feeling.

without a word, hangyul sat in front of the couple. an awkward feeling flooding in each of them.

the woman then cleared her throat, "son, um...we...we..."

"just say it," hangyul said, "are you having a divorce?"

"what?! no!" the man yelled. "why did you thought of that? you've been watching too many movies."

"the way you speak is just different than you used to." hangyul told them. "is this really that important?"

"of course it is," the man, also known as hangyul's father, spoke, "if it wasn't important, we could've just said it on the call."

"excuse me..." a tall woman interrupted.

"boyoung..." hangyul's mother said, offering the woman a seat. "hangyul, meet mrs. kwon boyoung."

hangyul shook hands with her.

"so your lee hangyul." boyoung said.

"yes, i am lee hangyul."

"i'm sure my daughters would love to meet you."

"i'd love too meet them."

"you should meet them right now, they're  right there, next to this table." 

hangyul's head then turned, seeing a girl, wearing a brown jacket with a scarf on, playing her phone.

"you should sit with them." his mother spoke.

"o-okay." hangyul answered, standing up, slowly approaching the seat that was in front of the girl. he then sat down. "excuse me..."

the girl hummed in reply, lifting her chin, revealing her face. hangyul slightly widen his eyes, as he saw her. she puts on a bright smile.

"oh, it's you again!" she said, excitedly. "it's...lee hangyul, right?"

it was her.

"oh, um, yes." hangyul awkwardly said. "you're kwon hyori."

"yup!"

hyori was different than he one in he knew. the hyori he knew was cold, creepy, and mean. while the real hyori, was a bright, sweet and enthusiast girl.

hangyul smirked, "so, we meet again."

"yeah." hyori said. "it's surprising to know that our parents know each other."

hangyul warmly smiled, "yeah."

hyori slightly turned red, she tried to hide her face, but failed. 

a different girl then joined the 2, she wore a red shirt, her hair was straight, it was dyed pink with a hint of peach. she sits next to hyori, who immediately changed expressions from shy to annoyed when the unknown girl sat next to her.

"you're lee hangyul?" the girl asked, hangyul simply nodded. she then offers her hand to him, with a smile on. "nice to meet you, i'm kim minju, kwon hyori's sister."

hangyul shook hands with her. 

"we aren't technically sisters." hyori mumbled, pulling her phone out of her purse.

"yet." minju added.

"so...um..." hangyul interrupted. "what's with the sudden meet up?"

minju shrugged, "i dunno."

"it's 'cuz your parents are matchmaking." hyori said, with a rude tone, playing her phone.

minju hits her with her shoulder, "don't be so rude."

"it's true though." hyori answered, glancing at her sister for a bit, and gets back to her phone.

minju awkwardly smiled at hangyul, "i'm sorry."

"no, i get it." hangyul said, giggling. "it's a sibling thing, i have a brother, so i totally feel ya, sis."

after hangyul finished his sentences, he felt his bag vibrate, he then took off his bag and zipped it open. he shoved his hand inside and searched for what he was looking for, his phone.

2 notifications from seungyeonnie!

hangyul then slightly bowed, signing for an apology, he then opens the notification and started typing.

---

seungyeonnie <3

i just knew that theres a park nearby

wanna go there?

tonight?

only if u can

i won't force u

sounds great!

i'll try my best to go home at the afternoon

yaayyyy

:)

are you busy?

tbh idk

im just sitting here waiting for my parents to finish talking to their friends while i talk to their kids

am i disturbing u?

not really

have you eaten?

i was about to order

i'll order now then

have a nice meal <3

<33

---

"i'm gonna order something, i'll be back." hangyul said, pointing to the counter.

"go ahead." minju said.

hangyul stood up, and approached the line, and stood at the back of it.

a/n: (sorta) spoiler alert! we're about to reach the end :( not really tho, probably at the 25th chapter