ch20: no choice

"hangyul," his mother called, he hummed in reply, "let's gave a walk. the two of us."

hangyul stood up, feeling nervous as hell, his heart was beating and he was slightly sweating. he then walked up to his mother who was already near the door, they then went outside and walked around the sidewalk.

"lee hangyul." she spoke up. "do you know the reason why i invited you to meet the kims' daughter?"

"no."

"did you heard my conversation with miss kwon?"

"i was busy talking to the girls."

his mother then took a deep breath, "we've been planning this ever since it was a few years after we adopted you, and it's disappointing when the plan goes off because we've been planning it for years." she stopped, looking nervous with what she is going to say.

she took another deep breath, and spoke.

"you're getting married with kim minju."

hangyul stopped walking, his mother took a few steps away from him and also stopped, looking at his son.

"b-but..." hangyul spoke. "n-now that...you've met s-seungyeon...you changed your mind...right?"

his mother hesitated, with a worried face on.

"that's why i'm talking privately with you." his mother spoke.

she took a deep breath, and lets it all out. she then finally said what she wanted to,

"i want you to break up with your boyfriend."

hangyul's heart sunk, way further than the ocean. he didn't knew what he felt anymore, anger, sadness, disappointment, and much much more. he couldn't believe the fact that he had to leave the love of his life, the person he couldn't live without. hangyul looked down, changing his expression from worried and sad to cold and expressionless.

"you said you will support all of my choices." he spoke, with pure anger in his tone.

"i'm not sure about this one." his mother answered. "you don't have a choice, inform me when you already did. we're doing this for your future, we know what's better for you."

right after those words left her lips, he then turned around and quickly walked back to the restaurant they were eating at.

"lee hangyul!" 

no response.

once he was already near the restaurant, he saw his after and seungyeon already in front of the restaurant.

"i thought you said you're paying!" his father slightly yelled.

hangyul didn't care, he then took his boyfriend's hand and walked away, passing the streets without looking at the traffic light. cars were stopping and honking due to the couple passing at the green light.

his mother then stood beside her husband.

"lemme guess," the man spoke, "you told him that he'll be getting married to minju and you told him to break up with his boyfriend."

"well, it's a disappointment if the plan goes off."

---

hangyul then stopped rushing once they finished passing the streets, he then walk to the direction of their apartment. 

"hangyul-ah!" seungyeon called. "what happened?"

he didn't answer, instead he held onto the older's hand tightly, seungyeon felt like his hand was about to bleed.

"ouch!" seungyeon yelled. "what's going on with you?! tell me what they told you!" he tries to get his boyfriend's hand off of his, and succeeded.

"LEE HANGYUL!!" seungyeon grabbed both of hangyul's shoulder, seeing the cold look in his eyes. "tell me what happened." he puts his hand onto the younger's cheek.

hangyul then held seungyeon's wrist that was holding his cheek, and started sobbing. he then hugged seungyeon.

"I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU!!" he clutched onto the older's hoodie.

a/n: please don't attack me. idk why but i'm crying myself, like, WHY THE FUCK DID I MADE HIM DO THAT AND FUCK HIS PARENTS MAN