Camp Chippewa

Your family always thought you of a weirdo, the black sheep, the good old fashion family disgrace. Little more than a cliche. You got over this a long time ago, it's not like that could ever change, you learned to stop caring but it didn't help that they shipped you off to a boring summer camp every year, with the same old cookie-cutter children that white suburbia churned out... Every year... Specifically, the last seven years.

You stare out the window of the backseat in the car, torturing yourself with the idea of what stupid events you'd be forced to participate in this year. "So are you looking forward to summer camp this year?" Your mother asks politely, her small talk being the bane of your existence.

"Oh yes dear mommy, I'm sooo excited to be shipped off to another summer camp because you would rather fuck that shit stick you call a fiance," You say to your mother sarcastically as your mother gasps "Langage Y/N! Dave is a very nice man." you roll your eyes, you thought she would be used to your harsh observations by now.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me, young lady!" The only thing your mother really knew about you is when you would roll your eyes. "Oh do forgive me! at least you won't have to deal with me much longer" you spit back, slumping into your seat as you both sit in silence for the rest of the ride bumping down the worn dirt road.

You soon arrive at the camp and gather your things out of the trunk of the car, your mother attempting to say a mumbled and annoyed goodbye, you didn't care to reply, only watch her peel out of the parking lot, no sign in, no hugs, no looking back. Nothing. There had been nothing for a long time. "Hello there camper!" a counselor said as you repress the urge to throw up in your mouth. "Greetings and salutations. I need to be signed in" you feel your will to live slowly draining from your body.

"Ahh yes, follow me!" They say cheerily, you take a breath and follow the lady who kindly sets you up. The staff weren't great, but at least some of them tried. Soon you find yourself looking around, your eyes fall upon another 16-year-old girl with pigtails and a black dress that outlines her figure perfectly complete with a white lace collar surrounded by what you assume to be her family, also dressed in fancy black cloths. I like their style, you think to yourself and begin to make your way over to her as her family hugs her goodbye. Not ready yet willing to intrude on such a pretty girl's family. The mother looks at you, and smiles, you were almost taken aback. You didn't get smiled at, except for creepy old men on the street, but her smile was warm and kind and that was something just as rare. You look away dying a little more inside, reminded of your own mother's coldness but you can't help but glance back and see her whispering to her daughter, your heart falls. The usual message of "say away from that one" had no doubt been made. You turn away and go in a different direction.

"Hello," comes a deep feminine voice, from somewhere behind you. Her pale face comes into your view, why would a girl like her ever talk to you? You couldn't help but think. "Ahh, Hi" you reply, still unsure why she was talking to you against her family's advice. You feel their eyes on you, you once again became an act of rebellion.

"My name is Wednesday, Addams," she says clearly, offering her hand politely, you eye her a little before taking it cautiously, her soft hand seeming to perfectly slip into yours. "Y/N," you say back, unsure what to make of the situation. "You probably shouldn't be talking to me... Especially if your ma told you not to," You comment dryly, to your surprise a dark chuckle blesses your ears. "Did you?" You glance at her. Of course, I did, I'm not blind, your facial expression reads. She chuckles once more, You have to remind yourself not to blush. She was just like all the others, you were sure. "Well, it's you're unlucky day... She said you looked like the only normal person here. An ally, in this hellscape, perhaps," She corrects you cooly. You blink, definitely taken aback, "Bullshirt," you say squinting slightly.

"Do you see me talking to anyone else?" She teases, a small smirk that seemed to want to pull and her delicate lips looked as if they dripped with venom.

You smile and open your mouth to say something you hadn't come up with yet however, to your utter disgrace, seconds later a blonde girl with flowing locks, and what seemed to be her fangirl club in tow. "Great, Future soccer mums" you mutter under your breath Wednesday snickers a little beside you. "Wednesday! why are you here?" she said angrily "Don't you have a funeral to attend?" She snarked "No, but I came to make yours a reality. Unfinished business," Wednesday retorted her eyes widening giving her an almost hungry look

"We can only hope" I added The blonde whipped to the side to look at me

"And who are you exactly?" without giving you a second to reply she added "yeah that's what I thought" satisfied. You burst out into hearty fake laughter which quickly turns cold and shrill. "What are you in kindergarten? not giving your opponent time to retort shows a clear lack of intelligence, self-esteem and the constant need for attention, I've taken shits with more personality than you!" you take a step closer to her "Do you have anything of substance to say" she just turns a deep shade of red stumbling over empty words, you tilt your head, a cold smirk splitting your lips. "Didn't think so" you turn back to Wednesday "So what cabin are you in?" you could see she liked you, and her eyes glinted and her lip seemed to catch in her lip.

"13"

"How lucky, me too" you smile. Maybe this summer wouldn't be so bad