The Chase

Four days had passed since you were dropped off at this literal hell, but somehow when it was just Wednesday and you, you felt maybe things didn't always have to be bad. You and she were almost inseparable. her eyes are so infinite and dark it's like there are infinite pools of despair that never end... "Y/N, are you listening" you sit up and tear your eyes away from Wednesday as you split into your assigned activities reluctantly. One of your other friends Chase tries to get your attention "yes, of course, Sorry" he rolls his eyes.

"Sure, sure you're gawking on Wednesday. again" he teased, you roll your eyes and shake your head. "I'm not, you're just fantasizing" you shoot a warning glare at him. Was I staring? no, I wasn't, I was just ... observing. That's all. I wasn't staring, even if she is super attractive- No, nope we're not doing this to stop it. Just stop it. you look at Wednesday once more but quickly pull your eyes away.

"So uhh- rock climbing?" Chase askes

"Yeah, what about it?" you raise an eyebrow at him

"Nothing it's just, I've never done it before" he uttered nervously, you smirk and chuckle.

"What are you scared of heights?" you tease menacingly.

"So what if I am?" he says defensively.

"Nothing it's just, cute" you laugh, as he turns pink. You often enjoyed toying with weak men.

"Come on I'll show you how it's done," you say, going to get a harness.

Rock climbing was one of the two classes you didn't have with Wednesday which sucked but in a way was good because it meant you wouldn't get bored with each other. Still, you'd rather be with Wednesday than with lovesick Chase. Boys.

"Ok ready?" you say placing your hands on the wall

"Yeah, climb when ready" Chase replies, you take a deep breath, gripping the first rocks, pushing yourself onto the wall. You move up the wall barely pausing as you climb higher and higher as Chase can hardly keep up with belaying. "Do I need to slow down for you princess?" You shout at chase from the near top of the wall "haha, very funny," He shouts back

"What no comeback, princess?"

"Shut up and climb" you chuckle and finish climbing to the top and ring the bell with a smirk.

"Well done Y/N!" said the supervising instructor, you flash a fake half-hearted smile.

"Ok coming down!"

The rest of the lesson goes on slowly especially because Chase sucks at rock climbing. It's a relief as the instructor says it's time to pack up. finally. you think to yourself.

"So-" Chase says catching up to you as you walk back to the camp. "Uhh, I was wondering if... ahh... we could- if we could maybe hang out before dinner? or after if you want, you know" you feel your soul cringing and try not to sigh too hard "Sorry I have plans with Wednesday." you say shortly, playing dumb to his obvious advances. "Oh come on, you always have plans with Wednesday" as he slows his pace.

"And?" you ask defensively, turning around to face him.

"Well, I was hoping we could hang out is all," he says, slightly taken aback and turning timid.

"Well, sorry to crush your dreams, buddy" you ruffle his head like he's a child before turning around and keep walking leaving him behind.

You open the door to the cabin and fall onto your bed as you groan obnoxiously into your pillow. "Did rock climbing go well?" Wednesday says sharpening a machete. you lift your head from the pillow "Swimmingly" you say with a sarcastic smile. she looked at you as if to say: What happened this time? you stare at her with a deadpan look. and roll over on your back "Loverboy, Chase was at it again with the flirting"

"Typical" Wednesday comments.

"Tell me about it, can't they take a hint?"

"Boys, never learn to take a hint, that's why I prefer defenestration"

"Well, that makes two of us, but it's fun to play with them and watch them squirm to impress you" You smile evilly at her and she returns the look. you let the silence fill the room for a moment.

"I need a shower," you say, pulling yourself up from the bed and grabbing your toiletries.

"Me too," Wednesday says gathering her things but pausing to look at you for a moment and then her posture changes ever so slightly "Would you ever, go out with a Chase?" She asks as you look puzzled. "Well... I never really thought about putting it into words..." You pause in contemplation, "No, I could never date someone like Chase, he's definitely not my type" Wednesday seems to relax at your answer, much to your surprise. "Anyway, let's go shower," you say before you have a chance to blush.