The First Night

Hi readers, some insults may be harsh and contain dark themes but anyway, on with the story!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"God it's got to be cool to have a family that you can be you with!" You exclaim, "Not being the black sheep of the family" your smile fades slightly.

"I'm guessing that you don't like your family?" Wednesday asks seeing the dampened look on your face. "Well it's not that they're not a good family..." you sigh "You know what, fuck it they were-are still terrible, with their white picket fence and they're; Smile Y/N you'd look so much prettier; boys will like you more if you smile; Don't teach the dog next door to bite other bratty children in the neighbourhood" You roll your eyes "these people and their morals that they don't follow!" you cross your arms in disdain. She observes you briefly "we could kill them and make sure there's no witnesses or evidence?" she raises her eyebrows as if waiting for a reaction, you raise your upper lip slightly, "I thought about that but, I would be the main suspect. Plus they're not worth my effort" the corners of Wednesday's lips tugged up slightly and so did yours.

"People are usually shocked at that notion" she states

"Yes but most people don't teach the neighbour's dog to bite children," you say in an almost flirtatious tone. "Or pack a machete in the camp luggage?" she said menacingly.

"Guess not," you smirk as the counsellor bursts through the door to find you and Wednesday sitting on the floor talking, "good to see you getting along," they say cheerily, you feel Wednesday almost shudder. "Exceedingly" you criticize "Well came to tell you lovely gals should get ready for dinner, in the main hall in five minutes, there will be a meeting beforehand, so best to be there on time, Ok bye," they say cheerily leaving the cabin.

"How and why do people do this job?" you ask

"It remains a mystery to all known life" Wednesday replies "We should probably go to dinner" she continues "before all the seats are taken" she stands up and offers you a hand, you take it and you could swear you could almost see her blush your heart flutters "thanks," you say trying not to blush yourself.

You and Wednesday make your way to the Main Hall, you talking about your family and Wednesday listening with furrowed eyebrows "And you live with all that?" she asked concerned you sigh "Yeah, Told you: black sheep" you say pointing to yourself "My condolences" she says, and you can tell she means it, that at least brought you some comfort. "I wonder what we're eating tonight?" She says in an attempt to change the subject, you take a smell of the air trying to deceiver the smells "Cheap spaghetti bolognese, and garlic bread, and salad, I think." you say a second later she looks really confused "I have a really good sense of smell and those foods are really strong" she nods in comprehension. You enter the Hall to be greeted by some counsellors who ask for your names and give you timetables for the rest of the week which you both looked over, and they were almost identical you smiled at Wednesday and her lips curled up slightly. "I'm so glad I finally have someone to torture the other campers with now," you say happily she got a malicious look on your face. "Me too" she replied.

After a safety briefing that was promptly ignored by both you and Wednesday, dinner was served, spaghetti bolognese, garlic bread, and salad. Like you predicted "I'm impressed," Wednesday said impressed you smirked proudly, you would have to do that more often.

A couple of timid girls and a few shy boys walk up to your table in a group "Can we sit here?" One of the small girls asks, you and Wednesday exchange a glance "Sure" you say casually. They sit down around the table and one of the other girls turns to you "I just wanted to say, I heard what you said to Beverly, and it was amazing" you turn to her.

"Thanks," you say shortly, bringing more food up to your lips.

"We've never heard anyone stand up to her like that," another boy chimes in.

"We all think what you did was cool, can I just ask-"

"Ugh," you hear Beverly say walking past your table "Why are you kids sitting with these freaks," she asks you suppress a sigh and go to say something back "At least we have our original noses" Wednesday retorted

"Better than having your disgusting face, if I had your face I think I'd kill myself," she said her face turning red

"Shame, the world would have a lot less oxygen wasted," Wednesday said coldly "Now run along, the freaks and the kids have better things to do with our time and than waste it on you"

"Ugh, Freaks," she said flustered

"Stupid whore!" says loud enough for her to hear, Wednesday looking at you with a glint of something you can't place in her eye which makes your heart skip a beat before she quickly looks away.

"So...um How do you come up with stuff like that?" the same kid as before asks, you shrug

"Part of it is quick thinking, vocabulary, and sitting in your room hating everything and coming up with vile things to say to the people you can't say anything to," You say before biting into your garlic bread. They nod, taking you seriously it seems, you didn't think anyone would ever take you seriously. They hadn't for a long time.

You and Wednesday head to your cabin after leaving the overcrowded hall, getting ready for the night. "I guess we should unpack our stuff," you say looking around the cabin.

"Yeah, make it more...homey?" she asks, you chuckle.

"As long as it's yours, not mine," you add.

"Obviously" she stares at you with that glint in her eye again, this time you can't help but return it as your heart jumps out of your chest.