Sorry in Advance

The sun climbs through the sky, its astonishing colours pulsing through the sky until the golden sun lights up the vibrant blue of the sky. Wednesday stop shivering in your embrace, the morning sun warming the both of you as a light fog lifted. "I dreamed of my father," You say breaking the silence that stat so peacefully in your lungs. "Oh?..." Wednesday says, understanding the still-tender wound of the subject. "Yeah, It was...nice," You say trying to find a non-existent word. "You remind me of him... not in a weird way," You pause trying to explain, "The look in your eye matches his," You say simply. she giggles and turns to face you, perfectly balanced on a branch. "I think I understand..." she says cupping your cheek. You smile at each other softly.

"Do you think we should get down?" You ask looking at the camp in the distance.

"Just a little longer," She says, looking out with you.

You feel a gust of wind push against you and Wednesday, the tree sways bellow you. The question of will you fall or will you fly enters your mind, but a warmth on your arm reminds you it doesn't matter. You look at her, her eyes stare back "Shall we?" she asks knowing that you can't stay any longer you nod. You make your way down the tree one after the other. "I haven't climbed a tree since my dad..." You trail off, fleeting childhood experiences flash across your mind. Wednesday plants a kiss on your cheek, pulling you back to the ground. You feel your cheeks stain a pink, her fingers lace with yours. "You can still remember the one you lost without being sad, his memory shouldn't be a burden on you," Wednesday says dropping more of her unfound wisdom. She squeezes your hand, you squeeze back, gratitude shining in your eyes. thank you. Your eyes say. She nods and smiles before moving to where you're meant to be. You pull her back into you, your bodies smashing together, enjoying each other's closeness for a little longer. Your eyes meet, now something of a habit between you both.

"I could kiss you right now," She says her eyes falling on your lips.

"What's stopping you?" You mumble not realising your lips over her's.

You feel your lips collide once more, her lips moving to yours. Your lips and hers intertwine in a familiar dance of intimacy that you pray would go on for as long as you lived. Alas, the chill of the morning parts your dampened lips, only to be warmed by the breath of an impossible girl. You keep your eyes closed, not wanting it to stop.

Your eyes finally flutter open and immediately fall into pitch-black pools of obsidian you could only dream of drowning in. "I don't want to leave," You say, love on your lips. You're met with her head on your chest and a giggle in her smile. "We know we must," she says, sadness tainting her words. "If the world wasn't so unforgiving on outcasts," you mutter, your fingers intertwining with yours. "Hey, now Shakespear..." she pulls away her eyes meeting yours, "It's not all bad."

"Mon Coeur, if I'm with you I should hope it would be," Your smirk as she giggles.

"Well then to the pain," She purrs, her voice enough to make anyone kill for her. You bite your lip and smile, lowering your lips on hers once more. "To the pain then" You tease back, every second with her intoxicating.

You make your way back to camp your hands intertwine with each other for as long as possible, but as the edge of the forest became evidently closer and closer, your eyes meet and a sad realisation of having to split apart until you could hide away together, away from prying eyes and condescending whispers. You feel your hand squeeze yours, you squeeze back before breaking your hands apart.

Your eyes often met with Wednesdays, her ether eyes seem to pull you in like a black hole. Sometimes she would catch you staring and look away, the slightest undertone of pink would stain her cheeks before being drained, knowing your actions mirrored hers. From the brief heat on your cheeks to the warning stairs give so graciously by Chase. When he caught you. You had hoped that holding Wednesday the way you wanted to would cause an outcry, but you knew better. Self-obsessed teens cutting each other just to get a hint at the latest gossip, like sharks in the water the latest new scandal or rumour and they would tear you to shreds just to taste summer infidelity. Even if what the price was their soul but they already know how sweet the promise of love tastes. You could only dream of loving her the way you wanted like you do in private, endlessly, infinitely, unequivocally and unjudged. You could only hope that dreams come true.

As you sat in the dining hall that morning, next to each other close as you dare. Talking, with the people who made you laugh, wondering if; if you were yourself, would they still be the same? A sad question you would rather not have answered just yet. "No, really. I swear man, she said she'd met me later behind the kayak shed!" says a young boy joining you at your table, a look of pride. "I wouldn't count your chickens John if you tell everyone. You two won't be the only ones behind the kayak shed later." Says April, staring him down. "Besides, do any of you actually believe that?" She rolls her eyes, you wonder if it's jealousy, deflection or her being territorial.

"Why April? Jealous?" Says another boy. Aprils face contorts into one of disgust.

"I would rather eat worms," she sneers looking the first boy up and down. The boy puts a hand over his heart, "Ouch April, That hurts," Teases the boy. She sneers in disgust once more.

"Well I agree with April, There's no way that Ben got a girl to like him that easy," You say stirring the pot a little. "Is that right Y/N?"

"Yeah,"

"And how would you know that?"

"Because I'm a girl, dumbass. And I'm way more likely to get a girlfriend before you," You joke stirring the pot a little more. You don't let your eyes betray you by looking at Wednesday, but you feel her looking. "Is that right?" He says mostly shocked, he scrambles to make a comeback. "I would like to see you try," He says cooly.

You look him dead in the eyes, "That's gross and girls aren't my thing," You say trying to be convincing as possible, you swallow hating having to lie. It's not lying that hurt, it was why you were lying that hurt the most. "Are you sure? You and Wednesday seem pretty comfortable together," He says trying to take the pressure of him, your foot nudges Wednesdays in a moment of panic. You look at Wednesday I'm sorry in advance, your eyes seem to say. "Yeah right," I swallow again "As I would ever date Wednesday, I'm not gay and I would never date another girl, we're just friends," You say, displeased by the feeling of having to hide your feelings and nature, using it as a mask: displeasure in kissing her. You feel a sadness weigh on your heart, You would do anything if it meant you could kiss her like no one was watching, But people would watch. Or worse.

"I'm just as likely to date Wednesday as you are to met a girl behind the kayak shed. Impossible to highly unlikly," You bite, cooly. Your deminor far from contridicting your feelings.

"You could just say fuck you, Y/N," he says smirking, more bittier than he would admit.

"You know me," you purr. Would you look at that, another lie