Chapter 3

Midoriya POV~~~

I pulled the box out of its hiding spot and make my way to my bed. I softly throw myself into my bed and place the box in front of me. I open the box to find a few items in there. There was a small black box, a journal, a photo album, and a necklace.

As I look at these items, my brain is folded by memories. I open the small black box to see all the notes that I have collected and stored away in there.

Every year on my birthday, I would always get a note. I didn't know from who, how they placed it there, or why, but it always made me smile.

It usually just said something short like "happy birthday beauty" or "Have a good one my sunshine". It was never an actual letter it was just a short statement. It usually came with a small box of caramel chocolates, which were my favorite, or a small bouquet of flowers. Once, I even got a yellow rose.

The note that came with it was probably the longest I have ever gotten from them. It read "Usually the roses you get are red or white,but I think that's too common. I think you are like a yellow rose. An exotic beauty."

That was probably my favorite out of all of them. I wasn't able to keep the rose but I did keep a petal to which I taped to the note it came with. To this day, I still don't know who they are but i always kept their notes. They just made me feel so special and I absolutely loved it.

The journal I had also been related to the notes. Once Kacchan threw my journal analysis out the window and ended up in one of the ponds near school. I ended up leaving it there and just went home. The next day, I saw my journal on my desk. It looked as if someone had dried it off using fire since it was a little burnt at the edges. The note that came with it read "I'm sorry I couldn't fix it better". Although it was a little distorted, it was still legible and I kept it as a memory of them.

The photo album was filled with pictures of my childhood. It was mostly of me and Kacchan when we were small.

They were all of us smiling and laughing. It melted my heart to see them in such a long time. I flipped through the album, my smile growing bigger with each flip.

At the very end was a picture that made me freeze.

It was a picture of my dad.

It was the only one I had of him. I wasn't sure what to feel. Yes, he was my father, but I don't really like him. He left us like if we were just pieces at his disposal. We are humans not objects!

I felt enraged and decided to close the album. I sighed and pushed it away from me. I peered into the box and carefully took out the last item in there.

A necklace.

(The one deku has is the white one)

It was white with golden and black designs. It had a small magnet on the inside which was supposed to link with the other piece of the necklace. Kacchan gave it to me on my birthday when I was around 7. It was when we were still close friends. He had the other half. (The black one is Bakugo's)