Chapter 25 - Surprising Her

Asimina

My smile lingers, I have the man I'm madly in love with, and sex with him is a volcanic eruption. I'm not ashamed to let myself free and take what I want from him. I can be as much of a whore in our bedroom as I desire. He loves it and doesn't judge.

My only other sexual partner was Paul; I wasn't as confident with him. Raffaele makes me feel sexy. The burning in my core builds up so rapidly, he has me acting like everything, but a lady. My makeup smudges, my eyes water, and he radiates nothing but pleasure and satisfaction. Oh God! Thoughts of mere moments ago, in the back seats of my new car, have me soaked again.

He opens the door to the formal room, and I'm struck speechless. It's so romantic. My eyes sting with tears as I gasp and cover my mouth. Everyone yells, "Happy birthday." My eyes travel around, taking everything in. Thick heavy white drapes hang from the ceiling in loops, hundreds of red roses decorate every inch of the room. There are high back chair settings, with an area left open as a dance floor in the center surrounded by cinnamon candles sitting in glass candleholders. It's breathtaking!

"It's beautiful," I mumble.

"So, I didn't do too badly then?" He grins, proud of himself.

"You organized all this?" I question in disbelief.

"The Godfather is a romantic when it comes to his Red Rose," he teases.

Giggling, I let out a breath. "It's amazing, Raffaele."

Since the death of my father, our families stopped having massive parties. Squeezing my hand, he walks me to the center. "Dance with me."

I smile and nod while glancing over at our son, held by my uncle. He's feeding him melted chocolate from the fountain and eagerly opens his mouth for more.

"What has you smiling?"

Sweeping my eyes back to Raffaele, I giggle, "Nathan,"

He spins me and looks over at our son, "He gets that from you."

Swaying to the music, he squeezes my hand and leans his cheek to mine. It's as if time has stood still for us, and no one else exists. Our surroundings, the beautiful scent of cinnamon, the roses, it's all incredibly romantic. Held by Raffaele and dancing with him has me feeling like I found myself, I found home. The emptiness, the tormenting thoughts, and shame disappear. My soul and heart have never felt so tranquil.

He places a soft kiss on my lips, while intently gazing into my eyes. I feel my cheeks flaring, and I'm completely bewildered. I can't believe I still get shy around him. I just fucked him three times. What the hell is wrong with me?

"You're cute when you blush," he grins.

"Stop looking at me like that!" I retort.

"You intrigue me Asimina; one moment you're riding me wildly and the next, you're blushing when I look you," he muses.

Lowering my head, I mutter, "Yeah, I don't get it either."

Erupting with laughter, he twirls me around and dips me at the end of the song. "Life will never be boring with you." Placing a kiss on my lips, we both forget the people around us, until they start clearing their throats.

"Lift me. I'm not wearing panties!" I whisper, mortified.

Lifting me to my feet, he puts me to ease. "I was blocking the view."

Yearning to hold my son, I playfully nudge Raffaele and attempt to walk past him. Capturing my wrist, he spins me around so quickly I lose my footing. Wrapping his arm around my waist, he prevents me from falling flat on my face.