Chapter 31 - Mrs. Rodriguez

Raffaele

Gathered at Carlos's property on the outskirts of Mexico City for the wedding, I swirl my drink lost in thought. Some of our most skilled assassins came from Saint Mary's, Leon one of them. At the age of twenty-one, he won his freedom. He attempted a clean life and obtained a job as a waiter at Alex's parent's restaurant.

Fate had him becoming close friends with Tommy. One thing led to another, and he proved himself worthy, winning a capo status. I don't fear Leon betraying me. His loathe for the institution and the priest behind the operation stems deep. Life wasn't easy, and the treatment he received brutal.

What's worrying me is three out of five of Tommy's assassins served alongside Leon in Saint Mary's. Although they've shown loyalty, I'm skeptical. Plus, they're currently guarding my son and parents. In hopes of being spared, the female crew member informed an open kill contract is out on the Morellis. Any current or ex Saint Mary's assassin can fulfill those terms and be granted the ten-million-dollar reward.

The conversation around me disrupts my thoughts, "What happened to your face Tommaso?" Carlos leans back in his chair, studying my brother.

Since Kat arrived, Tommy's mind is drifting, and his eyes keep traveling to her. He thinks I haven't noticed. What my brother forgets, I was the same kind of fucked-up. It seems to sting him that Kat, unlike the others, isn't falling to his feet, begging for his time and affection.

Blowing out a breath, my brother glances at the Alexiou boys as Laz spits with distaste. "He fucked around with my sister."

Carlos grins, amused, and notices a slight change in Tommy. "Couldn't keep it in your pants, huh?"

Tommy's eyes focus on his liquor. He doesn't want to incriminate Kat, so he chooses to say nothing. It's a first for him. He usually has no issue sharing the details of his sexual activities. Maybe the reason is Laz and Nick.

"Give me the updates, Tommy," I intervene and change the subject. He paid the price for his indiscretions. There's no need for this to continue.

Nodding, he leans his elbows on his knees. "Several inner circle Agosti men are in the police force. The Agosti's, Yeung's, and Capozzi's had an alliance." Sculling his drink, he rubs the back of his neck. "It's still unknown if the Yeung's and Capozzi's were involved in Bianca's rape."

We all struggle with those events and avoid the topic, but we still have two men to find and kill. "Eric Briggs?" I question, once again, changing the subject.

"So far, he has proven loyal." Antonio takes a seat on the coffee table across from me. "He's collating a list of names."

Nodding, I stand to my feet. "Once we're back in California, I want all the Agosti inner circle, the Saint Mary's priest and Lim Yeung."

"What will happen to the association?" Leon questions. He wants nothing more than to see their doors shut.

Darting my eyes to Tommy, I order, "Have Amir and Jamal step in temporarily."

"Amir and Jamal!" Tommy rebukes, brows pulling together.

"Is there a problem?"

"Those boys are my best assassins," he stands and pours himself another drink. "They are not Christian, and you're asking them to be the face of a supposedly Christian orphanage?" he questions, pointing out his concerns.

It's the first time Tommy has challenged one of my orders. However, I have more trust in those two; they have no prior association with Saint Mary's.

"It will no longer be known as a Christian Orphanage. I don't want any children under the age of eighteen trained there. Turn it into a second chance center for homeless young adults. It's temporary until I assign a manager," I affirm.