Chapter 30 - Peccato

Raffaele

It took immense effort last night to convince Asimina things are different this time around. I've broken her trust, but she needs to learn patience. I had every intention to speak to her once we were in the safety of our hotel room.

I sweep my eyes over her, as she gets dressed. Her eyes falter, upheaving her hands she hides behind them, questioning angrily, "Why is this still happening?"

I crouch down between her legs, and although I already know what the problem is, I ask anyway, "What is it, Sweetheart?"

Watching her peek through her fingers almost has me erupting with laughter. "Why am I still getting flustered around you? You have fucked me every way possible, and we have a kid together! What the hell is wrong with me?"

Unable to contain myself as her lips pout, I burst into laughter, irking her instantly. Putting my hands up in surrender, I look at her with a sly smirk. "I love that I still have that effect on you. Just because I don't blush, and don't falter my stare, doesn't mean, Asimina, that you don't make my heart beat erratically every time you look at me."

She throws her arms over my shoulders, talking into my lips, "I love you."

Her lips graze mine, teasing me. We're interrupted by a knock on the door. Disappointedly, I stand, letting the capos in. After Asimina fell asleep last night, I made calls to my men, ensuring the assassins were assigned to my parents and arranged extra security while we're in Mexico.

"Morning," Asimina greets.

"How was your night?" Sal questions. They were all curious about what the Cuban brothers thought of Asimina and, of course, wanted to know what stunt she pulled this time.

"Oh, you know, we were almost barricaded in a burning building. Then we were almost shot in a car chase, and finally, even the damn pilots turn out to be traitors. So, overall, good," she responds sarcastically and full of attitude. "Yours?"

"Well, I spent most of my night arranging extra security for this trip, and I flew into Mexico first thing this morning."

Raising an unimpressed brow, she irritably mutters, "Poor Sal!" Sliding her shoes on, she questions, "Where are the ladies?"

"At the café downstairs waiting for you," Petro advises.

Picking up her wallet and the gifts we purchased in Cuba, she asks, "Are they all here?"

"Katerina refused to fly in with us," Alex teases, veering his amused eyes to Tommy. My brother remains unwavering.

"She had an exam this morning and booked a later flight. So, don't flatter yourselves." Walking toward Katerina's brothers, her eyes harden, "I'm having words with the two of you later."

"There are rules, Asimina," I warn her.

She can't help herself and retorts, "I respect that, Raffaele. However, we as a family have rules too. One of those set by their father." Irritated, she pushes the heavy bag with the Cuban cigars onto my chest.

"They are not meant to interfere in Katerina's personal life. My uncle and aunt want their daughter to make her own decisions without her brother's influence, even if she's making a mistake!" Darting her eyes back to the Alexiou boys, she reminds them and issues a warning, "You're only meant to step in when she asks you to or if you see her abused. In this situation, it was neither. Cross that line again, and my uncle will be dealing with his sons."

Nick and Laz don't bother arguing. Both men have had time to reflect and calm down. "Am I understood?" she questions them.

Both men hold a sense of guilt when it comes to Asimina. The events with Alonzo continue to haunt us all. It contributed to their decision to return home and leave the army. Neither wants to upset her. Laz clears his throat, deviating his eyes to Tommy. He responds on behalf of his brother as well, "Understood!" Pleased, she smiles and waves us off, eager to meet up with the ladies for their typical female gossip session.