wholesome📚

I feel something on top of me moving around slightly. It wakes me up. Blearily, I blink my eyes open and look around, slowly becoming more aware of my surroundings. There's pressure on my chest that's quite calming, it almost makes me want to fall asleep again.

I try to pull the thing on top of me closer but it makes a noise, kind of like a squeak or quiet yelp. My eyes shoot open and my arms pull away from the thing. I look down at the form on me. It's a person. More specifically, my best friend and boyfriend, Smitty. I calm down a bit and place my arms back around his body, he makes another noise, making me smile at his adorableness.

I close my eyes again, hoping to fall back asleep and I nearly do until I hear a soft voice speak up.

"John, I know you're awake." The man on top of me says, placing lifting his head off of my chest.

"I was about to not be until you fucking spoke up." I open my eyes and look down at him, his eyes tired and drooped slightly.

"Hey, it's not my fault we were up until 4 am." He says and he lays his head back down.

"Well, it kinda is, I mean, you had your say in staying up," I tell him and run a hand through my messy hair. He rolls his eyes and rolls off of me and onto the floor.

"Ow."

"That's what you get for leaving me on the couch alone."

"Oh shut up," He says, standing up as I do the same.  I wrap my arms around the other man's waist and press a light kiss to the nape of his neck, leaving my lips there and smiling. Smitty puts his hands over mine and sighs.

"You're so cheesy." He says lightly, giggling with, what I assume is a goofy smile on his face.

"Hey, you're the one who decided to date me," I say, slightly muffled by his shoulder.

"That is true," He says and turns around in my arms, wrapping his arms around my neck and resting his forehead against mine. "I love you."

"I love you too," I say back, leaning in to place my lips against his, gently kissing him. He kisses me back immediately and we stay there for what feels like forever in each other's arms. I never want this to end.