The Prince Bride📚

The story begins on a small countryside outside of the beautiful country of Florin. On this countryside lives a handsome young boy by the name of Smitty. Now Smitty has a fairly simple life, riding his horse, sewing clothes, cooking, and going into town for his mother to buy bread and vegetables.

He wouldn't do most of the hard work in the field or the house, that was left to the simple man who worked there. The man's name was John, but Smitty never called him that. He only ever called him "Farmboy" whenever he wanted something.

"Farmboy," He would say, "put my horse in the stable and polish it saddle, I want to see my face in it by morning." And John would only have one response, "As you wish."

"Farmboy," He said one day, carrying two empty buckets and placing them in front of the man who was currently cutting firewood, "Fill these with water." John stares at him with a knowing smile. "Please." Smitty finishes.

"As you wish." He whispered. And it was then that Smitty knew that when John said 'As you wish' he was actually saying 'I love you'. And it was quite a day when he realized that he loved him back. Smitty had been in the house making the bread for him and his family when John walked in and placed wooden stakes next to the door.

"Farmboy," The shorter man called out before the other could leave, John turned to him. His eyes darted around the room to find something for the farmboy to do. "Fetch me that pitcher?" He asked, looking at the pitcher above him he could easily reach. The taller walked over to the other man so they stood face to face and slowly reached up to grab the pitcher off the hook it was on and held it to the other.

"As you wish." He whispered and Jaren felt his breath on his lips. Smitty took it and smiled widely at him. John moved his hand up to brush away Smitty's hair from his face, leaving his palm to rest on his cheek before he leaned in and pressed his lips to Smitty's, sharing their first of many true loves kisses.

John had no money and therefore could not marry his love, so he set out to find work overseas, hoping to find fortunes to care for Smitty and himself. He packed his bag and said his goodbyes, promising that one day he would return.

"I fear I'll never see you again." Smitty revealed, tear threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Of course you will, I'll be back before you know it," John replied hugging his love close, pressing a kiss to his shoulder.

"But what if something happens to you?" He asked, and John pulls his face away to look him in the eyes.

"Here this now: I will always come for you."

"But how can you be sure?" The tears are close to making their way down Smitty's face.

"This is true love. You think this happens everyday?" John said while brushing hair from his lovers face with a reassuring smile resting on his lips. Soon that smile raised into one of true happiness and Smitty couldn't help but smile back at the man he fell so deeply in love with before they leaned into a small kiss.

John never reached his destination. His ship was attacked by the Dread Pirate Notorious, who never left captives alive. When Smitty got the news that John was murdered, he locked himself in his room, not eating nor sleeping for days.

"I will never love again." He said to himself, feeling dead inside.

5 years had past and the main of Florin square was filled as never before to hear the announcement of the great Prince Fitz's husband-to-be. The sound of trumpets rang out through the square and a man standing at 6'5 walked out on top of the highest tower on the castle. He wore a red outfit and a crown and stood looking out over the sea of commoners.