Chapter 5 - The One who seize your mind

Warning: This chapter contains mature scene and language. You can skip the part if you are uncomfortable with it.

Previously,

It have never been a bother to me before. Up until now. In order to avoid the glaring eyes, I quickly answered the phone. "Babe, I'm busy with a client." I realise my mistake the moment the hand around my hips tighten. His beautiful face is darkened after hearing me talk. Is he jealous?

Before I could do anything, I clearly heard a voice saying "Are you fucking kidding me?" at the bottom of the stairs. My eyes turned wide and I stopped dead in my track. Are you fucking kidding me? Why now? Why here? Why in front of him?

**************

Maya

Why am I being toss today? I know karma is a boomerang but at the moment I don't deserve this. Unconsciously, with my phone at my ears, my body withdraw into Nicholas. His body heat and the warm hand clutching on my hips tighten.

While still looking at the intruder straight in the eye, I spoke loud and clear. "Tessa, did you forgot to mention that your ex-boyfriend is a cheat AND a crazy stalker too? Should I accidently kill him? I can even get help" I unsuccessfully whisper out the last part. His eyes narrow down at me before looking behind me towards Nicholas. Is he assessing the threat? Good luck taking him down! I don't need to be a genius to know who will win.

On the end of line, Tessa confusedly, asked "What do you mean? He is stalking you? Where are you? It's probably nothing. Don't do anything. We sort it out" she rush out in hurry. I can hear rustling. She must be looking for car keys.

"I have just finished interviewing a sport athlete. I was just stepping out when I found him on the lounge. " I still keep my eyes on him. Suddenly I am being turned around and end up getting an eyeful of Nicholas's chest with my left hand on his chest, stabilising me on him. I forgot the surrounding for a moment and just focus on taking in his masculine smell. I could feel his heart beating the same fast rhythm as mine. His chest is so hard.

"What is happening? How do you know Maya? Henry?" Nicholas's strong voice break me out from my trance. I tip my head up and look up to his face. Oh god, how could a guy have that much of a sharp jaw?

He is looking at the guy, who I have to guess is Henry while talking on the phone which look very familiar. That phone look very similar to mine. Doesn't rich people use iphone?

After a moment of confusion, I realise that somehow, Nicholas manage to get my phone from my grip and conversing with my friend, Tessa. And I am doing nothing. I pull away from him. And on auto-pilot my body start to function properly. Wait! Did Tessa said, they sort it out? What does that mean?

I practically tear my phone from Nicholas and step away from both of the huge guys and straight jump into my question. "What do you mean you sort it out with him? When?" Henry turn to face me mid conversation when he heard my question and looked at me with a smug smile while I fire question at Tessa. From his over-confident look, I safely assume the air been cleared out between them. But I still can't hear anything from Tessa.

"Tess?? Are you there babe?" I heard a loud groan from the other end for a while before she ask "Maya, dinner and talk?" I agree and cut my conversation short and lift my head only to look straight into blue eyes full of confusion and delight? But why? I walked back to them.

Henry break the atmosphere with his sarcastic introduction of "Nico meet the psycho who bite and threw a vase to my head. This is your precious sister's dear friend. A real work of art. " Did he just called me a psycho in front of the guy I am attracted to? I will show a psycho.