Prologue: The Fugitive

3 Sept 542 a.v.d (542 years after the venerable day ) will be explained later in the story but basically, it's their way of chronicling

She was running as fast as she could, struggling with the tree branches and the tall yellow grass that itched her pale white skin. She was gasping for air as she ran without even looking back for once. The sky was something between red and black, struggling to end the day quickly as if heaven was trying to help her so that she won't be easily seen by the soldiers. She knew that they were not far behind her. She couldn't hear them clearly since everything she heard was her unbelievably fast heartbeat and her gasps in between, but there were loud noises of iron shields and swords combined with heavily stomping soldiers and loud shouts.
She was scared, no, TERRIFIED. But there was no other choice.

She squeezed what she held in her arms tightly into her chest, trying to protect it from the stinging frozen air as much as she could. That night was terribly cold that her fingertips went blue. Her cheap old dress didn't help warming her up either. But she continued to run as the dense forest with those long, naked winter trees got darker...scarier...and.... quieter.

She began to slow down, with her feet getting numb, she began to slowly lose her feelings, of everything

She began to slow down, with her feet getting numb, she began to slowly lose her feelings, of everything. Her senses dulled and her mind went blank...
After a short while, she began to feel safer. The forest was so dark that it felt impossible for the soldiers to follow her. It was just....silence. Everywhere. She stopped running and leaned on one of the trees in an attempt to gain her breath, she took a quick look down at what she was holding and gave a gentle, warm smile. Some few hair straws from her black straight hair leaned forward and she had a twinkle in her green eyes.

While she was lost in her own gentle world, she was violently shocked awake. Her eyes widened and her body froze in its place. She turned her head slowly to the right and looked at her own shoulder. It was so dark that she couldn't see anything, but she didn't need to see... she FELT.
After a moment that felt like an eternity for her, the clouds got moved by a mild breeze. In the moonlight she could see only one thing. BLOOD...

To be continued...

Yeah! I did it!🎉 My very first chapter is here❤🎊. Sorry for the cliffhanger while we're still in the first chapter, but it's necessary to attract new readers😉.

If anyone read my chapter, please give feedback about whatever you think of this as a start.
Matta ne minna-san👋