Chapter 12: An Ally? Maybe?

Youya's POV:

I was woken up by the high shout that filled the entire hotel and gave me a headache "Neee! You! Onna(woman), untie me... NOW" said the red-haired magician who was struggling to loosen the rope that tied him tightly to the hotel's bed.

"Shut up, you moron!" Replied Ayane-san with boiling blood in her veins. "It's all your fault to begin with!" she said looking like a certain angry 'red hot-blooded habanero'. (Don't worry if you don't get the reference 🤣)

"We're so sorry, but it's necessary that you stay still so that your wounds won't reopen" Interrupted Hina-san with a gentle calm voice to ease the escalating aggression between the said two.

"You're ***** kidding me! Who do you think you are?! Don't you know who I am?!" The still-unable-to-get-free red-haired teen yelled with a scary ton, still struggling with all his might with the ropes. (Sorry I'm too innocent to write swearing words🤓🤓🤣)

"Of course we don't! Are you an idiot?! We did just find you nearly dead on the ground! We don't even know your name" said Ayane-san trying to loosen herself from Hina-san's grip, which by the way was the only thing preventing her from killing the tied magician.

"Ayane-saaan, please, stop it" begged Hina-san hopelessly when she got tired of Ayane-san's struggles. She got tired of both of them so she stepped forward and untied the ropes. The boy sat up on the bed, still too injured to stand.

"Hmph, you don't deserve to know, but you can call me Rin-sama if you insist" said the red-haired teen, Rin, swaggering with a proud face.

"YOU, don't get so cocky, we saved yo-"said Ayane-san before she was interrupted. "Rin-sama, I know you're still recovering, and the fact we did just meet make it sound impolite of me to ask directly. But...what were you doing there? You met someone right? And I believe you did something to make him snap, didn't you?" Said Hina-san with an unnoticeable frown, she was upset for some reason.

Ayane-san's face turned serious and she crossed her arms tightly. It was just then my head got cleared and the memories of what happened came back rushing.

"Um, where are we?" were my first words since I woke up. The three of them turned and looked at me as if it was only then they remembered my presence.

"Oh, Youya-chan, you're awake. How are you feeling?" Said Hina-san with a whole another concerned tone than the one she was just using with Rin.

"Just okay" I replied simply. I paused and hesitated before telling them about the magician I saw. "Hina-san, I think... I found the person you were searching for" I told them carefully while observing their reactions. Hina-san was almost unaffected by what I said. Rin wasn't interested at all, while Ayane-san was scowling.

"Oh, so you know that bastard?" Grinned Rin widely and faced an angry-looking Ayane-san. "What did you just say?!" She gritted her teeth and tightened her grip, I could tell she was ready to attack any second.

"Now, now, let's take it easy, I think we can come to a settlement that satisfies everyone" said Hina-san calmly. "What settlement? You want us to cooperate with him?!" Protested Ayane-san. "And what could HE possibly offer, huh?" She added while not even trying to hide her contempt.

"What did you sa-" Rin was starting his counterattack before he was interrupted by Hina-san. "You are a black, aren't you?" She asked.

Rin's playfulness and bumptiousness turned serious and suspicious at a split of a second. I didn't really get what she meant with black. I knew about the rankings between the magicians. But I thought there were only 3 categories (green, blue and gold).