Chapter 17: The Untold

Youya's POV:

Hina-san has left me and Ayane-san with Kuro-san. She went out to bring some medical equipment she thought were necessary. But the main reason was to hold Rin away from Kuro-san, so he got dragged out with her by force.

Ayane-san was sitting on a chair beside one of the beds. She has never left her spot from the moment we've laid Kuro-san on that bed.

She was awake all night, so it's not strange to see her sleeping, as she rested her head on her folded arm on the side of the bed, knocked out due to exhaustion. Her other hand still holding Kuro's since the moment he was brought here.

I stood beside the window, leaning slightly onto the frame and watching how people started their business that early morning.

The black magician, Kuro-san, was still passed out. It was frankly a shock when he just passed out on the street, but at least I'm glad we finally had the chance to bring him with us. I only hope now that this will put both Ayane-san and Hina-san finally at ease.

Kuro-san was running a high fever the whole night, but thanks to Hina-san's medical knowledge, he seemed better now.

...........

While I was observing the outside world through the window absentmindedly and deep in my thoughts, Kuro-san started to stir and wake up slowly.

I looked at him, a bit afraid of what would happen. I mean, I knew he was Ayane-san's friend, or family, or whatever she called him, but he is still that dangerous black magician after all.

He opened his eye, the other one hidden by his half mask that we haven't dared to remove.

He sat up slowly, looking around and trying to progress where he was. He tried to raise his hand to his face but realized that Ayane-san was holding tightly to it.

"She was up all night taking care of you" I spoke up, waiting for his reaction in slight distress.

He looked at me for a moment, cold sweat running down my body. He kept staring with his lifeless dullish-green right eye.

Finally, he gave out a sigh and freed his right hand from Ayane-san's grasp. And was about to get up from the bed.

I was panicking a bit as I remembered Hina-san telling me not to allow him to leave at any circumstances. But I was a bit angry too. How could he make Ayane-san that worried and sad again?!

"She was so worried about you! From the moment I met her she was desperate to find you. Are you going to leave her again?!" I said half yelling at him.

He didn't look at me, he just kept his gaze fixed at Ayane-san's sleeping form. He sighed yet again as he hesitantly raised his hand and put it on Ayane-san's head. He patted her hair slowly and gently.

"I know" was the only thing he said.

He kept stroking her hair quietly before he stopped and looked at me.

"Who are you?" He said with his cold low voice. He said it lifelessly and coldly, but I felt that there was more than that to him.

"I- I'm just a friend of Ayane-san and Hina-san" I said hesitantly.

"Hina?" He asked.

After everything Hina-san seemed to know about him, it hasn't crossed my mind that they didn't know each other.

"Yeah, she is also Ayane-san's friend, I don't know how they met, but they were already together when I met them. Oh, and there is also Rin, he is that red-haired fighting maniac who wants to fight with you all the time" I started rambling cheerfully, forgetting every logical cautiousness as I kept telling him everything about how I met them and all the things that happened since.