Chapter 4: Let's Start the Trip

Hina's POV:

It's been two weeks since Youya-kun joined our trip. He refused our offer at the beginning, but when Ayane-san used her devilish methods (which included most likely bribes, money and threats) he finally accepted.

"I didn't know you were rich, and EVIL" said Youya with a shivering grin.
"You haven't seen anything yet, kid" Replied Ayane-san with an another devilish grin. They grinned at each other and started laughing.

"I see you're finally getting along". I commented at the view with a warm smile, I'm really grateful that Youya-chan is tagging along, Ayane-san has been more energic and lightened since he joined (most of the time because she was trying to tease poor Youya-chan and pick on him, but that still counts). I haven't seen her smile this much since.... ever.

"No wa~~y" said both of them with a gloomy funny face. I gave a slight chuckle and changed the topic; "Where are we going today, anyway?"

"First, we've gotta buy some kit and an outfit for the kid" said Ayane-san while throwing her arm around Youya-chan's shoulder.
"Why would I need that?" Asked Youya-chan. "You know. At some point you're gonna need to fight, you"ll need besides the kit some fighting skills if you'll accompany us, but we'll teach you that later, for now, let's just get the basics" Replied Ayane-san. Youya-chan's face told that he had a lot of questions in mind, but instead he only answered with a simple "Okay".

******

When we finally were done with all the shopping, (that Ayane-san was incredibly terrible at), we went to an old hotel to spend the night.
"One room for three, please" Said Ayane-san to the hotel owner.

"W-wait what?! You want me to spend the night in the same room with you two?!" Yelled Youya-chan with a tomato-red face. I panicked in embarrassment as I realized what she said, I tried to say something bUt Ayane-san just replied before I could say anything. "We'll spare money like this, besides, you're still a brat, do you think we see you as a man? Ha, don't make me laugh, the only man for m-" Ayane-san stopped babbling when she realized what she was saying.

"Ahm, a-any way, y-you're too young to be embarrassed about that. You too Hina, what are you getting so red for?!"

"A-ayane-san! He is only two years younger than us, show a little concern! Girls need privacy!" I replied while literally fainting from embarrassment.
That conversation went on for a while, we three were dragging attention from everybody in the hotel's reception.

In the end, we ended up in the same room (mostly because Ayane-san wanted that and we couldn't oppose her, Ayane-san is....you know, she's Ayane-san, we can't afford to anger her right?!) but luckily, I had my powers to make a blue barrier to separate the room into two halves :)

******

Youya's POV:

I woke up to a loud clutter. I got out of the bed and looked around for the girls behind the now weakened barrier, how does this thing work anyway?
Hina-san was still sleeping, while Ayane-san was looking out through the wide-open window, she seemed to be in deep thoughts despite all this noise coming from the streets. I snatched her out of her thoughts as I said with sleepy voice; " What's this hullabaloo out there?"

"It's a demonstration" Answered Ayane-san simply. "What?, I lived in here for a year and this didn't ever happen before" I said with disbelief.

" *Sigh*, kid, you really know nothing don't ya' " said the pink-haired girl. Rage came upon me, but I tried to calm down in an attempt to be the wiser one and not to start another fight, I've to get used to this anyway. "Just tell me" I answered.

"They say that the taxes have been raised. AGAIN." She sighed deeply and continued " The people won't take her shit anymore" she nearly whispered the last part, but I still heard it.
Her? Who's she? I really wanted to ask, but then I felt a gentle tap on the shoulder, I turned around and saw Hina-san with a sad face, no, sad is not the right word, she was on the edge of crying, and I still don't get why.

Hina-san shook her head slowly, and I realized, as I did before, I should not ask further, but again, I was too curious not to ask, so I still took the risk and stepped over the boundary that Hina-san tried to stop me from crossing since the day we've met.

"Who are you talking about?" Hina-san nearly facepalmed herself when I said that. Sorry, Hina-san, but I had to unfold all those mysteries sooner than later to be able to continue this journey with you.

"The queen" Hina-san answered quietly, not letting Ayane-san talk about whatever her bad memory with the so-called queen was. "She is the actual ruler of the kingdom, and of course, she's a gold ranker magician, she's ruling the kingdom with suppression and injustice" continued Hina-san.

"This whole kingdom is a shithole" mumbled Ayane-san nearly inaudible. Her face had a strange expression, it was most likely..... pain and suffer.

I know it's a bit late since he's been introduced earlier, but here is a picture of our precious Youya-chan. Remember, Youya is younger than most of the other characters in the story, so he's got a bit of a childish personality.
Again, these characters are designed by me, so I own them. I appreciate it if you don't take any of the pictures without permission, thank you🥰😊

 I appreciate it if you don't take any of the pictures without permission, thank you🥰😊