Chapter 8: The Breakdown

Youya's POV:

As always, today was just another normal day. Searching, practicing, and chatting. But...

"How the HELL did we end up locked in here!" I shouted at Ayane-san. She had a dark expression while scowling earnestly. "What did you possibly do to make such an enemy?" I continued.

Hina-san gave me the glare to make me shut up, but this time I wasn't going to let it slide. This time I got seriously involved with the mess, so NOPE, not today Hina-san!

*******

You're probably wondering what happened, so briefly, I would say that soldiers surrounded us all of a sudden while we were eating peacefully with little Taya, and locked us in the palace's underground basement, which I would clearly tell was a prison.

*******

Still Youya's POV:

"You have to tell me everything now, have you committed any crimes? Maybe angered a noble? Or was it the queen you ang-" I stated annoyingly while scolding Ayane-san but got interrupted right away. "SHUT UP!" Ayane-san yelled with an angry tone, I flinched at the sudden shout, and honestly, I didn't expect her to get mad, I mean we always fought like this and she would just fight me back, but somehow I could sense her fear and uneasiness, maybe I'm developing my ability to the point that I can sense other's feelings.

Ayane-san's aura was getting darker and unstable, she started to shiver lightly and then dropped to her knees with her arms wrapped around herself, she was so distressed with her nails digging in her arms and her horrified expression.

Hina-san ran directly to her and held Ayane-san's shakey hands, "Ayane, It's okay, you're safe, he is safe, he's not here... she's not here" Hina-san said with a very soft voice, she sat beside Ayane-san and patted her hair gently. A tear was visible on Ayane-san's cheek while she squeezed her eyes shut and tried to calm down. "It's this place. I hare this place" Ayane-san whispered weakly. Hina-san nodded and kept patting her head "I know...I know" she would say to ease Ayane-san's fear.

I stood there in confusion and shock not knowing what I've started as guilt started eating me from the inside.

While we were in this state the door opened slowly making a loud creaking noise, a man in his twenties with a black suit and well-combed dark hair entered. "I'm really sorry for the mess Taya oujo-sama caused, the misunderstanding is cleared and you're not charged for kidnapping any more, you are free to leave now an-" The man was saying before he stopped when he saw Ayane-san. "Are you alright, miss?" He asked.

As soon as Ayane-san regained her senses she wiped her tears with her sleeve and stood right away. "Yeah, thank you" She replied. "Is everything alright with Taya-chan? She won't get.... like, punished or anything...right?" She asked hesitantly. "No no, of course not, the queen was a little mad but she won't punish her daughter" The man replied. "But may I know your relationship with the princess?" He asked.

Wait, what princess is he talking about? Does he mean..... Taya?! She's a princess?! Well, no wonder we were thrown in prison if they thought we kidnapped the princess!

"Ah...Um, it's a long story, but I used to live in the palace so I know everyone, including Taya-chan" Ayane-san replied with her hand rubbing the back of her neck. "You did?!" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"I guess it was before you started working here, Mr. Butler" Ayane-san continued while ignoring me. "Hmpf" I pouted and turned my head to the side with a pair of shut annoyed eyes. "Call me Sebastian, miss" the butler, Sebastian, said with a light smile and guided us out.