Depression

(This is not a new chapter! The old one disappeared and what's a new Chapter Ten if there's no Chapter Nine? I had to republish this, sorry for the inconvenience)

Third Person POV

It was the day after those who passed the test to get their Provisional Hero Licenses. They had class today and only one person was up at this time: Midoriya. The young teen found himself staring up at the ceiling of his dorm room, his green eyes dark with confusion. He was currently rubbing his sweaty forehead from waking due to a nightmare.

"What's happening to me?........" Midoriya asked himself as he sighed and lifts his right hand to look at his scars that crawled around his palm and his forearm. Lately, even during the Provisional Hero License Exam, he had been feeling like absolute shit. He never knew he could feel like this since he was in fact so happy to finally get one step closer to becoming a hero after getting his license yesterday, but for some odd reason, it was as if his mind and body wouldn't allow him to rejoice that feeling.

"Is it because of what I chose to do?....." The teen asked himself, continuing to stare at his right hand blankly. His mind whirled with so many unanswered questions as he glanced to his phone to check the time. 4:07 a.m. it read. Midoriya sighed again and let his right arm fall back down to his forehead.

Ever since he returned, things have been different. He wasn't in the dark, isolated room that belonged to the League of Villains, instead, he was with his classmates who were completely oblivious to what had happened to him, but he didn't blame them, they wouldn't know either even if he tried to explain. Things went by smoothly and quick actually. He and his classmates went through the exam and all of them ended up passing except for Bakugo and Todoroki, but they could still get their licenses through another way. The green-haired boy knew he should be feeling happy and excited that he was getting closer to becoming the hero he wanted to be and the hero he promised All Might and his mom.

However, he's been feeling a great weight on his shoulders and heart, preventing him from having a clear mindset. Midoriya felt like how he used to be in middle school before he joined U.A., before he got his quirk, and before he met All Might. The shadows haunted him and lingered around each corner he turned and passed, lurking and waiting for him to lower his guard.

Then, Midoriya decides to relay back to himself everything that's happened so far apart from the Exams. After some time of thinking to himself, he found that there were many things that were stressing him out. Stressing him out enough for him to lose his control of his emotions and even his judgement. First was how things would play out now that he's returned to this time. Second hit him much harder than the first, All Might's retirement as a hero and the Symbol of Peace. Lastly was the biggest hit to him, Bakugo's refusal to hear him out and believe him about what he had told him before. Just thinking about it made Midoriya's head throb with pain, resulting in his hand gripping his head in an attempt to ease the pain.

Midoriya knew he couldn't let anyone else know about his problems, but it hurt to put on a fake smile when he didn't want or couldn't exactly stay positive for those around him. No matter how hard he tried, the teen couldn't keep his own doubts under control, especially about All Might being right about choosing his successor. Ever since feeling these things haunting him, he's questioned himself so many times, countless times in fact.

"Stop being selfish, Izuku." Midoriya scolded himself, slapping himself on his cheeks lightly to make himself snap out of it. "The world doesn't need you to feel guilt or regret." He sighed and tried to go back to sleep when he realized that he still had two hours to sleep or at least try. When he curled his arms close to himself, he let out a wince when he bent his arms.