Light

Third Person POV

It's been three days since Class 1-A's meeting about Midoriya and about All Might's death. They had been trying to reach out to their classmate but he didn't want to see anyone, more importantly, he didn't want anyone to see him like this.

Midoriya was a mess, there were old tear stains on his face and heavy bags under his usually bright eyes, they were now dark and almost lifeless. He was only wearing some plain black shorts but he had discarded his shirt long ago. Now, his daily routine was filled with nothing but aimless wandering around his dorm room, still filled with All Might merchandise, and disturbed thinking. That voice kept haunting his thoughts as if it were like an annoying mosquito, waiting for him to drop his guard so it could suck the very thing that kept him alive.

Now, he found himself looking into his mirror, staring at himself. The green-haired male barely took the time to really take in facial features of his spiraling down self, before he looked down at his scarred hands. Cuts, old and new stained his arms like spreading bacteria, some blood smeared across his skin and some of the newer cuts. Midoriya wasn't cutting himself, no, that was too easy, he was allowing his quirk to run partially free in his body.

Basically, he wasn't controlling his quirk the entire time, letting some of the overwhelming strength of One For All scar and hurt his body just as it would if he were to release an attack at 100% of his power right now. Except, he kept the wounds to a minimal by controlling the amount of damage it did to his body so he didn't die, but allowed it to hurt him enough so he could feel the pain of each streak of too much power with each muscle fiber it attacked and snapped.

Each day, his classmates would leave him some snacks and gifts outside of his dorm room, a sign that they were there for him. Midoriya felt extremely bad that he was forcing his classmates to deal with his problems when they clearly had their own, so he showed his own sign of acceptance by taking their small snacks and gifts into his room when no one was watching. His classmates were relieved that he at least showed he cared, let alone responded.

(This is a depressed Deku story, and it's supposed to have all this sad stuff, but I'm not good at it, and this is my very first book with this many people viewing it and liking it so I'm not good with this. I'm going to speed some things up and shorten the story a little because I want to close this book up before I lose interest in it, apologies.....)

"Deku! Deku, you better open this goddamn door before I blast it down!" Bakugo's harsh yet concerned voice sounded on the other side of Midoriya's door, knocking loudly and nearly breaking the door down with just that.

Midoriya doesn't respond as he feels another streak of One For All flow through his right arm, causing yet another cut to form until the skin split a little, but just enough to allow some blood to ooze out of the new wound. He seems focused on the flowing blood while he didn't hear or see anything around him except for the wound. Bakugo's patience thinned until he finally had enough and blasted the door down.

"DEKU! YOU LITTLE—" Bakugo stopped himself when his eyes immediately shot towards the blood dripping down Midoriya's inner arm. Forcing his anger back, the blond rushed to the bathroom of the green-haired male's dorm and grabbed the first-aid kit, it looked untouched and undisturbed. Bolting over to Midoriya, he yanked his bleeding arm forward and quickly started to wrap bandages over the bleeding wound. "What the actual fuck, Deku?!!"

Midoriya finally looks up at Bakugo, his eyes met Bakugo's crimson-red ones that shrunk down when he saw the lifelessness in them. The blond almost didn't recognize Midoriya now that he got a good look at his face.

"W-what h-happened?........Izuku?...."

Midoriya's POV

"I-Izuku?" the familiar voice of my mother awoke me from slumber. I must've fallen asleep after Kacchan came into my room, because now, I was in the oh-so familiar infirmary room at UA. I managed to open my eyes despite the weakness I was feeling, physically and mentally.