Chapter 3

"Long Island,
4th Of November 2019

Dear Iris,

I am very sorry to be breaking the news to you, but Leo does not live here anymore. He moved to London with his for-years girlfriend (and now Fiancé), Liliane. I do believe he is happy though, if you would like to know. I am not Leo and I did not wish to read a letter as personal as this, but my son could not resist a closed letter. He is, however, very sorry for the pain Leo caused you. You sound like a very good and loving young lady, Iris, so do what's best for yourself and move on. I know for a fact that, while reading this letter, you're crying. Your tears are staining this paper while you're reading this, so please, for your family, your friends, for the little boy making me write this letter, even, smile. Life is too short to spent it being sad over a boy. There are plenty of guys out there who might be more interested into loving you than Leo was. So please, take our advice and move on.

With all of our respect and love,
Marco And Dean

P.S. In this letter also exists a small drawing my son hoped to make you feel better."

Iris wiped her tears and smiled, looking at the other paper folded in the envelope. If she had to guess, Dean was the little boy. She carefully opened he drawing. It was a boat in the sea with small people shouting to her to smile. And Iris did, smiling even more. That little boy war adorable and so sweet. And his father, Marco, was very kind. Iris knew they were right, but she loves Leo with all of her heart, so it would be very difficult to move on. They broke up last year. All this time, he was with Liliane? Did she know? Maybe... Iris fell on her bed, face in the pillow, and cried herself to sleep...