Chapter 4

"Dad!! Dad!! We have a response!!" Dean shouted while jumping in his father's bed. "Dean, I was sleeping!" Marco said and sat up, letting a yawn. Mako, their dog,  a beautiful golden retriever, barked just as annoyed before jump off the bed and leave the room. "Let me guess, you opened it?" Marco asked. "Not this time!!" Dean said proudly. "I wanted YOU to open it!!" He said then with a big smile. Marco chuckled and took the letter, opening the envelope and taking out the carefully folded letter.

"Austin,
8th Of November 2019

Dear Marco And Dean,

Thank you for writing back. You were right, I did cry reading your letter. But it also make me smile. I LOVED the drawing. I even put it over my desk, a reminder to smile. Thank you very much for telling me. Now I know that Leo was a cheater. We were together for two years and broke up the previous year, which means he was already with Liliane. Maybe she knew, maybe she didn't, but never mind. The thing is, Leo is not the man I thought he was. And I owe this to you for opening my eyes so thank you both.

With love,
Iris"

"Dad, why was Sir Leo in a relationship with both Miss Liliane and miss Iris?" Dean asked. "Because, buddy, some people can not appreciate the diamonds next to them and seek diamonds elsewhere, sometimes ending up destroying a diamond just to find charcoal." Marco have his son a sad smile. "Like mom did?" Dean asked sadly. "Like mom did..." Marco said. There was silence for a minute before Marko broke it. "How about we write back, huh champ?" He asked. Dean smiled excitedly before nod...