Chapter Four | Never Speak Of This

After Bakugo's victory and a couple more minutes of teasing Todoroki, the boys moved on to the next activity.

"Where the fuck are we supposed to get water balloons?!" Bakugo angrily spat, agitated with how long detention was lasting.

"Mr. Aizawa probably left some on the podium. I can go look," Todoroki suggested, earning an annoyed 'tsk' from Bakugo.

"ACHOO! This is so fucking stupid," he growled under his breath, an aggressive pouty expression spreading across his face.

Todoroki let out a heavy sigh, opting to just get the game over with so both temperamental boys could have a peaceful evening in their dorms.

He ventured over to the teacher's podium, quickly spotting a small package of water balloons and a six-pack of plastic water bottles. Todoroki put two and two together, figuring the water was meant to fill up a water balloon.

He walked to the middle of the room, lightly gesturing for Bakugo to join him. The feisty blond sneezed and let out an exaggerated groan, muttering curse words under his breath.

"Let's hurry this up," he impatiently crossed his arms and glared at Todoroki, who was calmly filling up one of the balloons.

The peppermint boy quickly tied the balloon and held it steadily in his hands. "Ready boom boy?"

"BOOM BOY WHAT THE F-" the hot-headed blond cut himself off as he struggled to catch the unexpected balloon thrown his way. "You bastard!" he seethed, gripping the balloon so tight that it exploded. Water went all over the floor, drenching his signature edgy boy boots.

He looked down in surprise before glaring up at the dual hair colored boy. A small smirk graced Todoroki's face, raising his eyebrow in a teasing manner. "I guess I win that round, boom boy,"

Bakugo balled his hands into fists, getting fired up from the Todoroki's taunting. "You better watch your mouth pageant boy! Fill up another balloon, I'm not losing to the likes of you!"

Todoroki grabbed a purple balloon and hurried to fill it up. They both put their guards up, ready for the battle ahead.

"Don't think I'll go down that easily, Bakugo," Todoroki remarked with a smug expression.

"Go to hell!" Bakugo grinned menacingly, small explosions cracklings in his palms. Both boys smirked as if they had already won, a competitive fire lighting up in both of them.

Let the game begin!!!

Todoroki harshly threw the purple balloon at Bakugo, who managed to carefully scoop it into his hands without it popping. Careful to not activate his quirk, he threw the floppy object just over Todoroki's head.

Not ready to give up, Todoroki lunged for the balloon, colliding with a desk but still managing to catch it. With the balloon safely in his hands, he hopped on a desk and sent it spiraling towards Bakugo with amazing force.

The explosive boy dived for it, smoothly catching it before rolling back onto his feet. It went on like this for 30 straight minutes before eventually Bakugo's hair and the top of his uniform were drenched.

"B-bastard! Don't t-think you've won anything! We're tied now!" Bakugo rubbed his arms, glaring daggers at the victorious heterochromatic boy.

Todoroki frowned as he stared at Bakugo's shivering figure. "Bakugo, are you okay? You look-"

"I L-LOOK WHAT YOU BAS-STARD!!!" he snapped, teeth chattering.

Todoroki sighed and scratched the back of his neck. "I was just gonna say you look cold. Your face is a little red too," he hesitantly walked towards Bakugo, who was too busy trying to ignore the sudden dizziness to notice.

Todoroki placed his hand on Bakugo's forehead, which was surprisingly soft. It was also terribly hot. "Bakugo, you're burning up. I know you don't wanna believe it but you're definitely getting sick,"

"Shut the hell up! I already told you I'm not fucking sick!" Bakugo swatted Todoroki's hand away, accidentally stumbling backward in the process. His vision became unclear again and he was unable to stand upright. Before he could completely tumble into the floor, Todoroki grabbed his arm and yanked him back onto his feet.

"I could tell you were getting sick after I accidentally froze you but you must have overexerted yourself during the water balloon game," Todoroki thought aloud, steadying the blond by holding on to his shoulder. "Not to mention you just got soaked with water. Let's go back to the dorms. I'm sure Aizawa will understand if we don't complete the last activity,"

"I don't need help from a candy cane with daddy issues!" Bakugo protested. He attempted to get out of Todoroki's grip but quickly grabbed onto the surprised heterochromatic boy's arm when he got dizzy again.

"C'mon, Bakugo. You clearly can't make it back to the dorms." Todoroki stated. "I'll go get recovery girl, and-"

"No! If you get recovery girl t-there's no way Aizawa will let m-me go to class tomorrow!" Bakugo forcefully pushed himself away from Todoroki, colliding with a desk.

Todoroki quickly helped the resisting blond to his feet, surprising both of them with his unusual kindness towards his "sworn enemy". He let out a frustrated sigh, not in the mood to get into another fight with Bakugo.

"Fine. I'll help you to your dorm so you have a chance at attending class tomorrow," Todoroki started, receiving an annoyed grunt from Bakugo. "But, if you're still ill to this extent in the morning, then I'll have no choice but to tell Aizawa. Can't have you getting any of our classmates sick,"

The ember eyed boy opened his mouth to protest but was quickly shut up when Todoroki placed his arm around his shoulders. After a couple more minutes of resisting, Bakugo managed to sacrifice a bit of his pride and allowed himself to be helped by none other than Todoroki.

"We never speak of this to anyone, got it!? Not what we had to do in detention, and definitely not the fact that your damn ice gave me a cold! ACHOO!" Bakugo threatened, earning a nonchalant eye roll from Todoroki.

"Whatever boom boy,"

"I'LL BLOW YOUR FACE OFF!!!"

_______________

THIS BOOK IS ALMOST AT 900 READS???

i feel like just yesterday it was at 60 something...

seriously I'm so thankful for those of you who comment and vote it makes me want to update

speaking of thankfulness, it's Thanksgiving break so I'll try to muster up the motivation to write another chapter this week