Chapter Twenty-Five | Hanta Sero Is A Manipulative Lanky Bastard

unedited

"All I'm saying is that Bakugo is the king of nicknames!" Denki insisted, flailing his limbs around like an energetic child. It was now Saturday morning, and pretty much everyone was lounging around in the common area.

"He's pretty creative sometimes, I'll give him that," Kyoka replied with a huff of laughter.

"He calls me soy sauce and flat face." Hanta deadpanned, draping his long arm over the back of the couch. "Not very original in my opinion,"

"Shut up you lanky bastard!" Katsuki shouted, startling everyone in the room. The spiky-haired blond was walking towards the couches with a deterring snarl, while Eijiro was happily following behind him with a toothy grin.

"Lanky bastard? That's new," Hanta grinned up at the scowling boy, not even attempting to conceal his amusement.

"Awe, I want a new nickname too!" Mina groaned, jumping up from the couch to cling onto Katsuki's arm. "All I got is raccoon eyes and alien bitch, and it's getting boring!"

The blond boy's eye twitched as he shoved the pink gremlin off of him. "I'm not gonna use my energy to come up with hundreds of insults for you idiots. Waste of my time,"

Kyoka quirked a brow. "But coming up with billions of nicknames for Todoroki isn't?" Katsuki's eyes widened at the implication, but he turned his head to the side and let out a grunt of annoyance before anyone could see his surprise.

"That warm refrigerator just makes it ridiculously easy to make fun of him," he offered in a half-assed explanation.

"I don't think I've heard that one before," a monotone voice suddenly spoke up. Katsuki quickly turned towards the direction of the sound, startled by the half n' half's presence.

"Jeez man, can you walk through walls or something?" Eijiro joked, placing a hand over his heart. "You just appeared out of nowhere!"

Shoto tilted his head to the side like a confused puppy, before bending over in a small bow. "Apologies. I didn't mean to scare you guys,"

"I swear, you get cuter every day. You're like an adorable little kitten!" Mina cooed, extending her arm to ruffle his mismatched hair. The gesture reminded him of Fuyumi.

"I... don't really know how to respond to that," he shyly admitted, patting down his now tangled hair as his face began to heat up.

"Awe, look! He's blushing!" Denki teased, gently pinching Shoto's rosy cheeks. The taller boy shut his eyes and began a weak attempt to pry the electric boy's hands off of his face.

Katsuki glared at the scene, not quite understanding the boiling hot annoyance that began surging through his veins. He was about to forcefully pry the other blond away from IcyHot but Hanta beat him to the punch.

"Stop harassing the poor guy, Kami. Roki is too precious for his own good," he chuckled with a lazy smile. The comment did nothing to sooth Katsuki's need to blast all of his overly friendly companions away from the heterochromatic boy.

"Holy crap! I almost forgot about the field day!" Eijiro suddenly spoke up, easily capturing the group's collective attention. It seemed like a natural way to shift the conversation, but Katsuki didn't miss the knowing look the red haired boy sent his way.

What the fuck did that look mean?

"Shit, so did I," Denki laughed as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Are you guys talking about the field day on Tuesday?" Ochako chirped as she skipped towards the group, Tenya and Izuku in tow.

"Yeah. It's kind of strange to think that at this time last year we were all training our quirks for the sports festival," Kyoka thought aloud.

"It feels weird sitting around doing nothing but I guess there isn't really much we can do to prepare for a relaxed event like this," Izuku mumbled, looking down at the ground as if he was deep in thought.

"Nonsense! There are plenty of ways we can prepare!" Tenya spoke up in his Class Rep voice. Everyone let out a tired sigh, knowing what was about to happen. "In fact, I was thinking about activities we could do in our free time to build our teamwork skills with our partners. Attention everyone!"

By now the rest of the class was spread out around the common area. Everyone was looking forward to spending their weekend relaxing, but they knew better than ignoring the authority of their Class President.

"As all of you know, UA will be hosting a feild day for the second and third years this upcoming week! It won't do us much good to train our quirks since the use of our powers is prohibited in this event, but it is a perfect opportunity for us to strengthen our teamwork skills and-"

"What did you have in mind, kero?" Tsuyu questioned, cutting off Tenya's speech. Everyone silently thanked her for urging their classmate to get to the point.

"I propose we practice some partner yoga with our teammates for field day!" he exclaimed as he made a chopping motion with his arm.

"... wait, that actually sounds like fun-"

"That's a pretty good idea!"

"I can make yoga mats for all of the groups!"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt..."

"Magnifique!"

"Heck yeah!"

"No fucking way." Katsuki added to the chorus of responses with the most impassive expression he could muster.

"Come on Bakubabes, live a little!" Mina laughed, ignoring the death glare she received in return.

"No."

"Why not? You could end up having a fun time!" Eijiro insisted.

"Waste of my time," Katsuki grumbled, turning to head towards the dorm. He was stopped by a sudden hand wrapping around his arm. The red-eyed boy was prepared to blast whoever it was to the moon but paused when his eyes met blue and grey.

"I've never done partner yoga before," Shoto looked at the blond with pleading eyes. "I'd like to try it."

Katsuki was about to answer when he realized the only word he could think of responding with was 'yes'. So instead, he wordlessly yanked his arm away from the younger boy and continued walking towards his room.

"Wow, I never thought Bakugo would be the type to throw away a victory like that," Hanta's smug voice reached his ears.

"What hell did you just say!?" Katsuki spun around and began stomping towards the black-haired nuisance.

"I mean, all of us are gonna use this time to bond as partners so we can win on Tuesday. Field day has nothing to do with quirks or fighting, so teamwork is the only thing we have to rely on," the tall boy's amused smirk grew as he went on. "It doesn't matter if you can manage to work with RokiRoki if all the other groups have better chemistry. But I guess we can't expect you to be a winner all of the time,"

Katsuki blankly stared at the tape boy before turning to grab Shoto's collar and dragging him towards the back door. "You better make enough yoga mats big tits! We're doing this out by the garden, and if anyone has a problem with that then they can fight me!"

_______________

AYO🔇WHY🔇SO🔇MANY🔇READS
76k is a big number

also y'all keep following my account and for what?😃
this story is pretty much all i do lmfao

but when i get less busy i plan on creating a shit ton of other stories
i really want to make a MHA multiverse fan-fiction and a Haikyuu MHA crossover fan-fiction

also hopefully a few character x readers for MHA because i simp for everyone
i guess only time will tell💃🏽