Chapter Nine | Freak Nasty

unedited

"What's your sexuality?" Todoroki blurted out. Bakugo's eyes widened and pink engulfed his cheeks and the tips of his ears. 

"W-what the fuck kind of question-"

"Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to blurt it out like that," Todoroki mumbled. "I just- I started thinking about it today and I have no idea how to figure it out. As much as I hate to admit it, you seem like someone who knows their identity. You the first person I thought to ask..." he trailed off.

Pride welled in Bakugo's chest when he heard the last sentence. It's not that he was happy to be Todoroki's first choice, but he felt a sense of satisfaction knowing it was him rather than that stupid Deku. All this didn't change the fact that he had no idea how to approach this situation.

"Uh, well..." the blond desperately tried to come up with some bullshit answer but froze up once he realized a very important piece of information. He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding making eye contact with Todoroki's blue and gray orbs. "I... I have no idea what my sexuality is either..."

"...Oh..." Todoroki awkwardly replied. There was a moment of uncomfortable silence in where neither boys knew what to say. After the longest seven seconds of their lives, spikey blond decided to speak up.

"Honestly I don't think it's something I need to think about too much. I'll know if I ever fall for somebody, and that's that. Dwelling on it won't do me any good," he huffed, trying his best to give some advice. Todoroki's eyes slightly lit up.

"That's a good way to look at it. Thank you-" the half and half boy was interrupted by Bakugo's door suddenly swinging open. Their frazzled teacher scanned the room and the two boys sitting on the floor before letting out a relieved sigh.

"... no offense or anything... but what the fuck?" Bakugo questioned, kind of pissed about his teacher suddenly barging into his dorm.

"A few of your classmates came and got me. They were worried you two were fighting in here... what are you doing anyway?" Aizawa eyed them suspiciously. It was strange the think the two boys involved in the most vicious rivalry in the hero course were hanging out in a small dorm in peace. The way cheeks turned bright red when he asked didn't help their case.

"Nothing. I was just leaving," Todoroki stood up and began heading for the door. He paused for a moment, turned to look at Bakugo. "As far as I'm concerned, this conversation didn't happen."

Bakugo curtly nodded. "Agreed." Todoroki and Aizawa left moments after, but Bakugo remained in the same spot on the floor. After a minute of processing the events that just occurred, he covered his face in embarrassment.

'What the hell was that!?'

.

|

.

|

.

|

.

|

.

The next day, everything seemed to be back to normal. Todoroki and Bakugo stayed with their usual friend groups, ignoring each others' existence. Exactly as it should be.

But of course, there's never a peaceful day at UA, especially for the hero course kids. Class 2A had gym class, which was usually a great way for the kids to exercise their quirks. Today, the coach decided it would be best if all the kids just worked on their physical strength without their quirks. And for whatever reason, he also thought that it would be a good idea to have everyone do a series of workouts together.