Chapter Nineteen | Support? From You?

unedited

Shoto let out a sigh as he slid the front door shut. After a long ten minutes filled with snide remarks and surprisingly funny jokes, the youngest Todoroki was finally able to kick Katsuki out of his house and send him home.

His time spent with the erratic blond was more enjoyable than he expected, and he felt strangely energized after their time together. Deciding to catch up on the schoolwork he had been neglecting, he began walking back to his bedroom.

"Shoto," a deep voice spoke from the T.V. room, causing an annoyed groan to escape the two-toned teen. He begrudgingly walked towards the room, dragging his feet the whole way.

"Yes, father?" he blankly stared at the red-haired man who was currently sitting in a large recliner chair with a cup of coffee in his hand. The large man gave his son an awkward glance before clearing his throat and completely turning towards him.

"I just wanted to talk about... Bakugo." he hesitantly began. Shoto immediately felt a wave of annoyance course through him.

"If you're going to tell me to stay away from him because of his attitude you shouldn't waste your breath. It really not your place to-"

"No, that's... that's not what I'm trying to say," the number one hero paused, setting his coffee on the coffee table and standing up. "What I mean is, whatever relationship you have with that boy... you should know I support you."

Shoto squinted up at the man, not understanding what he was getting at. "Support? From you?" he crossed his arms, not breaking eye contact. "It's weird enough hearing those words coming from your mouth, why are you saying it as if there's some hidden meaning?"

"That's-" Endeavor let out a loud sigh and ran his hand over his face. "What I'm trying to say is I respect whoever you chose as your romantic partner. Although I can't understand why you would choose someone like Bakugo, I trust that you know what's good for you-"

"What the hell are you talking about!?" Shoto exclaimed, his face turning impossibly red. Out of all the conversations he was expecting to have with his father, this definitely wasn't on the list of possibilities.

"I'm referring to your relationship with Katsuki Bakugo-"

"I'm not dating Bakugo!" he cut Enji off with another yell, heart rate speeding up. The oldest Todoroki furrowed his brows.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!" the Half' n Half' boy shouted, embarrassment and another unfamiliar feeling coursing through him. "That doesn't make any sense! What, do you think I'm gay or something?"

"Aren't you?"

"I don't know!" Shoto wailed. He reflexively tensed once he realized that he just admitted that to his dad of all people.

"Well..." Endeavor desperately searched for the right words. "Just know whatever your... preferences are, I support you."

"... yeah... okay..."Shoto could barley feel his surprise under the intensity of his racing heart. "I... I'm gonna go do some homework..." he stuttered out, spinning around and briskly walking out of the room. He was so flustered he nearly tripped on his way up the stairs.

The poor boy's thoughts were racing the entire walk. When he finally made it to his secluded bedroom, he shut the door and leaned back against it. He brought his hands up to his face, finding that his cheeks were warm to the touch.

What the hell?

Who makes assumptions like that without confirming anything?

How can he just say something like that?

Why did he think I was gay? Do I act gay? How does one display their gay?

And what about the Bakugo comment? Bakugo and I don't act like we're dating. That old man doesn't know what he's talking about...

Mr. Poland Hair spent the next 25 minutes having an internal crisis. He just blankly stared at the window on the opposite side of the room, not moving an inch from his spot pressed up against the door. If anyone had seen him like this, they'd be more than a little concerned about his mental state.

After nearly an entire half-hour had passed, he remembered that he had schoolwork to do. Becoming focused was never something that was particularly hard for the dual-eyed boy. It's one of the many qualities that make him a top student. However, Shoto found that he spend twice as long on every question due to his occupied mind.

"Curse my father for causing these confusing thoughts..."

.

|

.

|

.

|

.

|

.

"Took you long enough, brat!" Mitsuki smiled at her son as he approached their house. Next to her was Masaru, who was happy to see his son after his business trip. Mitsuki linked her arm with his. "You've been gone pretty much the whole morning! I guess you've been having fun with that Todoroki boy!"

"I'm glad to hear that Katsuki's been spending time with friends," Masaru quietly admitted as their son neared them.

"Shut up you losers! That ice prince is NOT my friend!" he growled, shoving past his parents and walked into the three-story house.

"Are you wearing his clothes?" Mitsuki ignored his insult, continuing to tease him as she pointed to the unfamiliar sweats and t-shirt he was wearing.

"STOP ANNOYING ME!" he turned around and glared at his mom, resembling a demon more than a highschool boy. He then made a b-line for the stairs, not wanting to deal with his nagging mother any longer.

Mitsuki let out a content sigh as she leaned her head on her husband's shoulder. "Our son is so adorable sometimes,"

Once Katsuki got to his room, he slammed his door and turned the lock, throwing his dirty clothes from the day before into his laundry hamper. He caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and did a double-take.

That strawberry vanilla boy's clothes fit me way too well

He immediately cringed(and blushed) at the weirdly endearing nickname he just thought up. Why did he feeel so weird thinking about him lately?

He pondered whether or not he should change into different clothes but ultimately decided that it didn't matter because he had declared that these clothes were his now. Even if they did smell a little bit(a lot) like the bastard.

_______________

finally we got todobroski's POV
i know it's what y'all wanted so here ya go

also i have another todobaku story that i'm writing in the spur of the moment after spending too much time on tik tok so check that out if you're interested ;)