Chapter Fifteen | Sudden Epiphany

very very very unedited
i didn't even read what i wrote and it's 4:12 AM so let's hope it's not complete gibberish :,)

What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck

Katsuki was still leaning back, staring at the blank wall across from him. Kirishima's worries and concerns had plunged the poor blond into a state of confusion and uncertainty.

Why was he getting into so many fights with Todoroki lately? No matter how hard he thought about it, there was no single reason for him to be so mad at his dual haired classmate. Sure he was his rival, but intentionally looking for a fight wasn't Katsuki's style. Why was the hot and cold hero in training pissing him off so much?

"What are you doing?"

"Shit! Jesus fucking christ..." Katsuki placed his hand over his chest, inhaling to calm down from the sudden scare. "Where the hell did you come from!?"

"The kitchen," Shoto deadpanned, the corner of his mouth slightly quirking upwards in amusement. "Did I scare you?"

Katsuki scoffed. "No way! I was just surprised that you appeared out of nowhere like some creep!"

"You jumped."

"LIKE HELL I DID!"

Shoto smirked, getting the exact reaction he was hoping for. "Anyways, dinner is ready. My sister told me to get you. She assumed you got lost,"

Katsuki clicked his tongue in annoyance, walking back to the kitchen and dining room. "I wouldn't get lost. I'm not that stupid,"

"You're going in the wrong direction," Shoto spoke up with a smug tone. Katsuki was just about ready to explode from anger and embarrassment but decided against blowing up the IcyHot nuisance in his own home. He grumbled as he stomped past Shoto, not missing the chance to violently ram his shoulder into the taller boy.

Katsuki threw open the sliding kitchen door, silently making his way to the Japanese-style table. He plopped down just as Fuyumi began placing various bowls of food on the table, his mother following close behind.

"What took you so long, brat? You weren't snooping around in other people's things, were you?" Mitsuki asked with a threatening hand raised above his head. 

"Hell no! I wouldn't do something that shady!" Katsuki yelled back, already significantly aggravated. Mitsuki just sighed and continued setting the table along with Fuyumi. It wasn't long before the two ladies along with Shoto sat down and began their meal.

"This is so good!" Fuyumi excitedly stated as she took another bite. "You're so good at cooking, Mrs. Bakugo!"

"I've taken a few cooking classes here and there. Also, call me Mitsuki," the blonde lady smiled, a friendly aura radiating from her.

"I'm really glad you two agreed to come. Our dad is kind of... intimidating, so we don't really get visitors that often," Fuyumi sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck. "Thanks for joining us!"

"We're glad we could keep you guys company. Right, Katsuki?"

Katsuki absentmindedly grumbled in response. The spiky blond boy wasn't really listening to their conversation. He was too engaged with the internal crisis he had going on.

The more he thought about it, the more annoyed he got. Shoto was pissing him off way more than before, but why? Why was Katsuki so ticked off by the boy? Surely he hadn't gotten more annoying than before, he still acted the same since the provisional license exams. So what was different?

Katsuki looked up at the clueless boy sitting across from him, who was innocently eating as he stared off into space. His eyes had that faraway look, meaning the dual quirked boy was lost in thought. Shoto had that look a lot in class, but the teachers never seemed to notice that he was off in another world instead of listening to their lessons.

Katsuki frowned at that thought. The teachers never noticed that about IcyHot, so why did he? That's the question that led Katsuki to a sudden epiphany. The answer as to why Katsuki was so annoyed with Shoto's behavior even the two-toned boy hadn't acted differently.

He was starting to pay attention to Todoroki.

This realization only angered the hot-headed blond. Why the hell was he paying attention to the stone-faced IcyHot all of the sudden? Knowing that he had been subconsciously noticing the boy made him extremely frustrated with himself. He was upset that he was doing this without his own consent, and at the fact that Kirishima noticed something was different before he did.

"Bakugo? What's wrong with you?" Shoto waved his hand in front of Katsuki's face, successfully snapping him out of he trance he was in. It seemed like Shoto had been trying to get his attention for a while now, and the two ladies in the room were currently cleaning the dirty dishes.

"What!?" Katsuki snapped at Shoto, the bite in his tone taking Shoto off guard.

"You were glaring at me and... growling. You didn't even react when your mom took your plate," Shoto looked at the blond with an almost blank expression. In his embarrassment, Katsuki missed the hint of concern on the other's face.

"I was just thinking, idiot." Katsuki rolled his eyes, turning away to hide the embarrassed blush on his face. Not only was he staring at Shoto for who knows how long, but he growled at him. What the hell is wrong with him!?

"That's a great idea!" Mitsuki suddenly exclaimed, smiling at Fuyumi. She turned to Katsuki, wide smile still on her face. "Fuyumi just mentioned a soap opera that I've been wanting to watch! We're gonna stay a little longer so I can watch it with her,"

"Shoto, why don't you bring Bakugo to your room? I'm sure you'll find something to entertain yourselves," Fuyumi sweetly smiled, either not noticing or not caring about the obvious tension surrounding the boys.

Katsuki grimaced at the thought of being alone with the half n' half in his room. Noticing the blond's discomfort and the feeling of dread rising in his own chest, Shoto tried to defuse the situation.

"I don't think-"

"Of course you guys don't have to! You could always come watch the show with us!" Fuyumi offered with a bit of mischief in her smile.

Katsuki tensed and Shoto glared at his sister. Although it seemed like an innocent suggestion, Shoto could tell that Fuyumi knew that neither of them would agree to that alternative. Being forced to spend time in the same room was one thing, but watching a soap opera with two grown women as well as each other was a whole new level of uncomfortable.

"My room it is," Shoto sighed, standing up from his place at the table. He glanced at Katsuki, seeing the other do the same. The taller of the two began walking towards the hallway. "My room is this way-"

"I know dumbass, I remember my way to the stairs," Katsuki scoffed. Shoto couldn't help the smug smirk that made its way onto his face.

"Just like you remembered the way to the kitchen?"

"SHUT UP!"

_______________

sorry i haven't updated for a while. i was sick for a week and we didn't know if i had corona and i was sleeping a lot so i was cooped up in my room for a while. i didn't even have energy to schoolwork(and i still don't lmao).

so yeah that's my excuse for not updating :)

but now i've updated!!! mostly thanks to everyone's hilarious and motivating comments. tysm🥰