Chapter Twenty-Eight | Laugh

unedited(i literally didn't even read over it i just wanted to publish as soon as possible so i apologize for any parts that might not make sense)

"IcyHot, I swear to god if you drop the egg I'll murder you!" Katsuki encouragingly called out to his teammate. Shoto was steadily hurrying back towards the blond boy, carefully balancing an egg on a utensil that's honestly way too flat to be considered a spoon. Despite the difficulty, Katsuki's aggressive words of motivation seemed to be working and Shoto was ahead of all of the other groups by a considerable amount.

Before they started the actual event, Present Mic had explained that they weren't obligated to participate in all of the games and only had to do the ones that sounded fun or interesting. A few of the 2A kids decided to retreat to the snack stands along with a considerable number of business course and general studies students. The more competitive and energetic of the lot(and surprisingly a ton of support course students) had competed in every game starting with the sack race.

Shoto and Katsuki weren't the types to participate in something like this usually, but the temperamental blond's determination to be the best and win at everything seemed to be enough reason for the both of them. And playing silly games like normal kids for once was fun, although neither of them would ever admit to that.

"I told you, your threatening pep-talks won't do anything to help us win," Shoto teased in a deadpan tone as he brought the egg to safety.

"How many points is that for us?" Katsuki quickly asked, not even trying to suppress the grin that stretched across his face when Present Mic announced their win.

"Let's see..." Shoto paused. "We won the sponge pass with Ashido and Uraraka, the water balloon toss, you won the balancing act with the plastic cup, the backward speed relay, and the pass the baton relay with Sero and Shoji."

The spiky blond inhaled, the status of their opponents racing through his head. "Alien girl and pink cheeks are still playing, but the round where they teamed up with us was the only round they won so we don't have to worry about them for now. Tape face and Doctor Octopus dropped out after the ballon stomp, so they don't matter either."

Shoto let out a huff of amusement. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure they called it quits after you nearly broke Sero's ankles when you tried to stomp on his balloons,"

"He's just being a wuss," Katuski snorted, fondly recalled that particularly violent round. "Anyways, our biggest competitors are Deku, shitty hair, jumbo hands, and copycat bastard."

The red and white boy hummed, glancing over at the other teams. "Kaminari and Mineta are also doing considerably well, largely because of the former. I also think Mineta is scaring away a lot of the girl teams from other classes."

Katsuki scrunched up his nose in disgust. "I don't care if the weaklings quit but that little creep seriously gets on my nerves. Killing their team should be our goal until they give up."

Shoto nodded in agreement, deciding to ignore the homicidal connotations of that sentence.

"Alrighty folks! Time for our next round!" Present Mic announced loudly into the microphone. "Next up, we have a slight change of pace! This challenge is called No Smiling!"

Shoto's eyebrows raised in surprise as the loud teacher began explaining the rules to a game he learned just a few weeks ago. The rules were a little different than before. Instead of not smiling, the goal was to have a completely neutral expression while staring at the other person. Everyone would be facing someone from a different team as well.

Shoto turned, unsurprised to see a malicious grin gracing his blond teammate's face. Present Mic announced all of the pairs for the round, and the half n' half boy ended up sitting in front of a certain purple-headed menace.