Recruited

"We are all at level 34, except Lánita, who is at 35. We want to go to the second floor, but, without someone who can heal us, we end up too hurt after fighting with the boss, so we have to go back. And the potions are very expensive. Are you a healer? Would you come with us?" Etina continued.

The others, who were staring at the man, sighed in relief after seeing a slight smile on his face. Her friend radiated sympathy, but there were those who considered her an unbearable nuisance that didn't shut up.

"My name is Fínord. I can assist with some blessings and healing, but not at range. Would it be enough?"

"Really!? Blessings!? Which ones?" the young woman got excited.

"Of strength and magic power. Do you want to try?"

"May l!?"

He had more blessings at his disposal, but in the face of the young woman's reaction, he preferred to mention only two of them. It would be strange for someone at his alleged level to own too many spells, so he limited them to two healings and two blessings.

"Incredible!" Exclaimed Etina. "I really feel stronger. Try with Látina the magic one!"

She had been watching a bit puzzled, and her friend's suggestion caught her by surprise. And although she wasn't as willing as Etina to be a guinea pig, she had given her no chance to avoid it. A bit reticent, she approached Eldi, being the result much more powerful than what she was expecting, and without negative effects.

"It's really incredible, you weren't exaggerating," she was surprised.

"I never exaggerate!" Etina declared with conviction, but, hearing the laughter of the other three, she turned her back to them, sulking.

The other two young men also tested some blessings in amazement, as this gave them an attack potential some levels higher than their own.

"Then, do you come with us? You have to say yes!" insisted Etina, who had already forgotten her mild anger.

"I'd go, but I've just arrived and I don't know what it takes to get in. Do I need to register somewhere?"

For Eldi, that was the crux. He needed that information to know how to enter the dungeon. And, if that group helped him to do it, he would be grateful. Then, he would try, somehow, to find an excuse to stay longer. However, if he needed to prove his identity in any way, it'd be troublesome

"Well, yes, you have to register the group and so forth, but we are already registered, and new temporary members are allowed without more paperwork. If not, it'd be impossible to do anything. In fact, we could get in right now," explained the green haired young woman.

"I have already finished eating. If you want, we can try now, to check how it works out," Eldi agreed.

"Now!? What do you think guys!? We can go, right? I want to try this blessing. Besides, we were going in anyway, and we are already carrying enough food," she looked at them excitedly.

"I guess we don't lose anything by trying," agreed his brother.

"For me, okay," assured Lánita.

"Come on then," began to walk Lánoto.

It might seem that they just were going with the flow, but, for Eldi, it was obvious that not only Etina was eager to enter, which made him smile again. He liked that group of youngsters who could be his great-grandchildren, feeling almost strange that he could be one of them.

Once they showed the group's permit, no one troubled them to enter the dungeon, so they moved on and went down to the first of the ten floors, inhabited by skeletons level 35. It was a dungeon whose characteristics and concentration of mana was the cause for them to reappear every few minutes, which was perfect for leveling, so it was the preferred one in the kingdom at those levels.

They went through the rest room, to let Eldi see it, and to show him that he needed a permit to access it. He also had one, from the game, which he thought it would work, but he didn't want to show it. Its color and shape were different, so it could give him away.

They used a simple formation, where the two warriors were in front and the three magicians behind, with Eldi in the middle, to be able to heal them if necessary. The truth is that the first floor was easy for them, much easier than usual.

"These blessings are incredible," exclaimed Etina, who only kept silent when they were fighting.

The rest of the youngsters only shrugged at their loquacity, although, in reality, they would feel somewhat lonely without her. And Eldi was grateful for the information she was providing, no matter how disorderly it was.

Thus, he was able to discover some rumors about him. Or about the problems of the city, called as originally as Dungeon City. Initially, the building that had been built there had been called Dungeon Inn. Later on, it was the Dungeon Village the one that had been established. And finally, it had evolved into City. It was how they were referring to it in the past, and it was how they had ended up calling it officially.

It was in no man's land, in a place that technically belonged to Gomhal County, but which they had never cared about, until a few years ago. The growth of the city and the prospect of income had gotten the counts of Gomhal's attention, sending soldiers to protect it, and then claiming taxes for a protection that wasn't needed.

They couldn't refuse. After all, they belonged to the county, but year after year they were raising taxes, beginning to be too high. In addition, the recent visit of one of the counts' nephews, self-proclaimed the most outstanding adventurer in the kingdom, arrogant and despotic, was causing additional tension.

"Can I see that staff?" asked Loto, interrupting a deep dissertation about the desserts of the city.

Eldi handed it to him without much concern, while his sister joined him.

"Where did you get such a good staff? There are not many of this quality, not for this level," she was surprised.

"This... is a gift from... my family," Eldi lied. For him, it was nothing special, but he couldn't say that he had bought it in the game.

"It's amazing, I'd give anything for one like that," acknowledged his brother, before returning it reluctantly.

Eldi had been surprised by the gazes from both mages, fearing they could be suspecting him or his power. It was a relief that it was only about the staff, although he had to be careful. Others might suspect.

"This is the boss's room," Jubogor announced, with tension and expectation.