Dwarfs vs Trolls

The trolls were stunned for a moment. Enough for the dwarfs to get close, but not to deal a fatal blow. They backed away, harassed by the powerful attack of their enemies, who no longer needed to hide in the cave. They weren't overpowered anymore.

Trolls are stronger, and, outside the cave, they could fight without restrictions, but the dwarfs had their weapons, armor and teamwork. And magic, something that trolls lack

Taking advantage of the surprise from their unexpected attack, they isolated one of the trolls, attacking him in a two-on-one while the rest of the dwarfs were holding back the others. They avoided their telegraphed attacks and forced them to be on guard, as they risked receiving much more than a bruise otherwise.

Not that the trolls were helpless. In addition to their regeneration, they possess a powerful skill with the club. The holes in the terrain were faithful witness of it. Or they can digest even the bones of their prey, something that now wasn't very useful. There are also passives skills for attack, agility and defense. Hence, their hard skin. Or being able to move their huge body without clumsiness. Nor should we underestimate the foul smell they can emit, capable of stunning and generating discomfort in their enemies. Or their powerful Stomp.

However, the dwarfs knew their enemies, and knew how to counteract them. Their helmet can filter the smell, their weapons can damage the troll's skins, and their armor can withstand their attacks, although not without damage, being much better to dodge them. And counterattack, if possible. In fact, the last Stomp had resulted in a crushed finger, and not a dwarf's one precisely.

The troll that had been isolated couldn't hold against two dwarfs. When he attacked one, the other hit him. If he defended himself from one, he couldn't to do so from the other. Those huge beings aren't very intelligent, but not stupid either. So he tried to reach his teammates by risking his body, since, there, he would no longer be at a disadvantage and could regenerate. But one of the dwarfs had already cast Marbles, a spell that creates small rounded rock fragments from an existing rock.

The troll slipped. Unable to maintain his balance, he fell spectacularly, being his legs attacked immediately, thus preventing him from getting up. He tried to defend himself in the ground, but his efforts were useless against two coordinated dwarfs. A few meters away, the other giant beings were too busy trying to crush the annoying dwarfs to try to come to his aid.

"I don't get it. The kids love my fucking spell," the dwarf who had cast Marbles mocked, while cutting deep into the greenish leg.

"These bastards are party poopers," laughed the other, hammering the club to send it out of reach of her victim.

When they finished off the troll, the dwarfs had an advantage over their enemies. What worried them the most was that the three who had gone out to look for the intruder would return. So they kept alert, trying to kill as many trolls as they could. However, now these were very close together. It was difficult to isolate them or attack dead spots.

At first, they had fallen into the dwarfs' provocations, being attacked harshly as one advanced towards a supposedly helpless little prey. But now they were on guard, letting their skill heal their wounds.

But the dwarfs didn't just stare. Unlike the giant beings, they could use magic. And while direct magic is ineffective against trolls, fighting on a rocky mountain against dwarfs isn't a good idea. They had been holding out, waiting for several trolls to enter the cave to seal it and their enemies. Although, later, it would be hard work to reopen the exit, if they killed them, it would have been worth it.

Now, they no longer needed to hold out, so they were using spells that allowed them to change the shape of the rocks. They weren't very fast, but the trolls had serious problems to stay together, to avoid sticking their feet in sharp stone tips, to find open spaces in which to fight.

It was when a dwarf had managed to pierce one of the huge greenish hands with his spear, that a figure appeared in their field of vision.

"Be careful, someone is coming. He's not a fucking troll, but we don't know if he's a friend," a dwarf warned.

The dwarfs stepped back, prepared for what might come, but it wasn't them who the newcomer attacked. One after another, arrows stuck in the trolls, also burning their skin. It was the same as before, and, as before, the damage wasn't too high, but it was what it meant. Undoubtedly, the three trolls who had gone against the intruder had died.

While they weren't a mortal danger, the arrows were annoying, threatening the eyes of the bluish-green giant beings and troubling their movements, sticking into arms and legs. And they were painful. Suddenly, they had to deal with one more enemy, one they couldn't reach and very annoying. And, what was worse, one that diverted their attention, which proved fatal.

The dwarfs took advantage of the distraction of the trolls to attack. To tangle their legs in ropes. To create holes and obstacles where they would stumble. Now that they couldn't pay full attention to the dwarfs, they were more vulnerable to that kind of tricks.

It didn't take much time for some of them to fall to the ground, from which they wouldn't get up. Those who remained standing were widely outnumbered, and their withdrawal had been blocked. Soon, there was only meat cut, pierced and crushed, meat that was thrown by the dwarfs down the hill.

Eldi doubted whether to approach or leave, but finally advanced towards them, with the bow in his hand, arrows in a quiver behind his back and with a sword in his belt, as a decoration. His real weapons were in the inventory, ready to take action if necessary.

"An elf? A fucking elf has come to help us! What brings you here, friend?" one of the dwarfs welcomed him.

Eldi almost turned to look for the elf, surprised, since he hadn't seen anyone else. Luckily, he realized in time that the elf was him. He had almost forgotten his disguise.

"Hello, dwarf friends. Are you OK? I can use a healing spell, if you need it."

The dwarfs were surprised. An archer with healing spells wasn't common. But he had helped them, so they didn't distrust him, in addition to their Intuition was telling them he wasn't an enemy.

So, they gladly accepted his help. They all had minor injuries and bruises. Nothing they couldn't stand, but, if he could cure them, better than better.