Survival (Sword Art Online)

My father gave it to me about a week ago, even though he had given me one before but that week, he gave the extra one he had promised me so I could give it to my friend. He gave it to me and an extra one to give to a friend, I went over to her house with it in my arm smiling form ear to ear. I rang the door bell and she answered. "Hey. Hikari-chan.", she said. She looked down at what I held in my arms and smiled. "Wait. Is that...?" "Yep!", I said, cutting her off. "My Dad got it to me this morning! I'm one of the 1,000 beta testers! And you have one too." "Wait? What are you taking about? I don't have a NerveGear." "Well, you do now.", I said as I extended my arms and gave her the helmet. Asuna smiled as well and hugged me tightly. "Hikari! Thank you so much! You don't how much I love you for this!"

"Trust me, yes I do. Well, I'll see you later, I'm gonna do play with my NerveGear before I die of excitement.", I stepped off her doorstep and walked away, she shut the door behind me before waving me goodbye and smiling at me once more. I smiled to myself all the way home.

I opened my door and stepped inside, but after I took off my shoes. "Dad! I'm back.", I yelled down the hallway. No response. I walked up the steps and towards my father's room. He was there lying unconcious on his bed, wearing the NerveGear. "Guess he just couldn't wait.", I said to myself slightly laughing. I went up to my room and closed the door. I sat down on my bed, plugged in my NerveGear, put it on my head and layed down. I smiled to myself; thinking that this was the best day in my life. "Link start!" Colors sped past me, five circles came past me, asked me the language I needed, Japanese obviously. You still have data from the beta test. Would you like to load it? I chose 'yes' and the game began. Welcome to Sword Art Online.

I opened my eyes and looked around trying to get used to my virtual body. "Wow, I'm back again." The last time I played, I only made it to the 11th floor, and now I wonder how long it would take me now. I ran trought the starting town and as I ran into a someone and stumbled back almost falling down. "Hey, watch where you're going." I looked to see who I bumped into and he was a black-haired, tall and that's about as much as I could say. In case you were wondering, my avatar brown-haired, tall but not too tall. Wearing black ankle boots, dark blue jeans, and a blue jacket.

"Sorry about that.", he said cooly. Another person came up to us and smiled slightly. "That sure was a bump you both took.", he said. "Um, I'm Harmony." "I'm Kirito.", the boy I slammed into said. "And I'm Klein.", the pink haired guy said. "You two were running like you knew the place like the back of your hand. You were in the beta test weren't you?"

"Yeah.", Kirito and I said in unison. "You've gotta teach me, please.", Klein said, clamping his hands together. Moments later, Klein, Kirito and I were on a ledge teaching Klein how to level up and such using boars. "Ok, you gotta calm done, don't be too tense.", I said. "Yeah. You have to keep your balance.", Kirito said. "You have to active your skill. And once you feel it start to activate, drive it home."

Kirito kicked the boar towards Klein as his sword started to glow red and leting out a battle cry. Klein slashed at the animal and it exploded in blue pixels and floated away. I clapped my hands, "Good job, Klein.", I said. Klein let out a happy cry and did a pose in victory. "Congrats, but that boar's about a weak as slimes and snails in other games.", said Kirito. "What? I thought that thing was a mid-level boss!", Klein cried.

I laughed silently and walked towards Klein. "Hey, there are still plenty of other monsters to fight.", I consoled. We endend up talking for hours as if we had know each other for our whole life and it was already around 5 o'clock. "Well, this has been fun. But I'm real hungry." Klein said, holding his stomach. "Yeah, I could eat.", I said."

"Too bad that food here only stops your hunger virtually.", Kirito said. "Well, joke on them I ordered a pizza for 5:30.", Klein said happily. "Ok. Way to be ahead.", Kirito said.

Just as Klein was about to logout, he let out a confused sound. "Huh?" I loled his way just as he said, "There's no logout button." I looked at my and went the logout button. And he was right, no logout button.

I looked at Kirito to see if he knew anything about the situation at hand. But he looked just as worried as I did. "Well you better hurry, it 5:25.", he said. "Oh no my pizza and ginger ale!", Klein screamed. I laughed lightly. "There has to be some way out of here. Return, logout, escape!" Klein did a pose as if he was some kind of superhero. "That's not gonna work. In the beta test, whenever somone wanted to logout, they go through the menu." So why wasn't it working now? Suddenly, I was encased in a white light and once the light went away, I was in the plaza, along with Klein and Kirito. As well as about a thousand other players. "Did someone force a teleport?"