Chapter 2: Family Talk

While Khanet and Khanis were helping Nekar move in, Anubis and Aya were talking. "Come on, Aya. What's wrong with us having a baby?" Anubis asked. "Anubis. We just got married yesterday." Aya replied. "Remember what I said a couple of days ago? I said: Rushing into something doesn't matter when you're in love. Picture this: There is a baby crawling around the palace. Dragging its' tiny knuckles on the ground. We would feed it and play with it every single hour of every single day. We would watch it play and roll around on the floor. We would be raising this baby. Our baby. Don't you want to have kids?" Anubis explained. "I do want to have kids, but we just got married yesterday. Can it wait?" Aya replied. "Aya. Honey. You do realize that there is the chance that we may go off to war in a couple of days?" Anubis stated. "How do you know?" Aya asked. "Because we have done this before and I just know that Evil Anubis is up to something. Evil Anubis is full of surprises. You never know. It might happen." Anubis pointed out.

"I guess that's a good point." Aya replied. Anubis then grabbed both of her hands and exclaimed "Aya. What do you say? You want to have a baby together?" Anubis asked. "Anubis. I don't know how to be a parent." Aya declared. "I'll teach you. Being a father of two daughters has helped me understand the basics of being a parent." Anubis explained. "So, do you want to have a baby?" Anubis asked. Aya thought for a moment whether she wanted to have a baby with Anubis or not. She then made up her mind.

"Yes. I want to have children. Let's have a baby together." Aya answered. Anubis then smiled with delight. They stopped holding hands, wrapped their arms around each other, and kissed. They both were excited to start a family together knowing that soon they were going to seal their love in a baby.