Chapter 5: A New Dimension

Once they were nowhere in sight, Thoth happened to see what Khanis was doing and how Khanet went missing. He dropped in a sand tornado in Anubis and Aya's room. The tornado then disappeared. Anubis and Aya turned to look at Thoth. "Hey, Thoth. What's going on?" Anubis asked. "Anubis. Something awful has happened." Thoth stated. "What happened?" Anubis then asked. "Khanis got possessed and Khanet got kidnapped." Thoth reported. Anubis and Aya then gasped.

"We need to save her. Where did she go? Do you know?" Anubis replied. "Yes. I do know. She was taken to Evil Anubis's dimension." Thoth explained. "Ok. Thank you for telling us, Thoth." Anubis exclaimed. Thoth nodded and then disappeared. Anubis looked out the window in their room. Then, he looked back at his wife. "It's getting late. We'll leave tomorrow. For now, we must warn everyone. This calls for a meeting." Anubis stated. Aya nodded at Anubis.

They both walked to the door and Anubis opened it. They walked out of the room and Anubis shut the door behind them. They then went and got everyone. They told everyone to meet them in the dining room. Seconds later, a meeting was held in the dining room. "What's going on?" Nekar asked as he leaned in his chair and drank his water.

"Khanis got possessed and Khanet got kidnapped." Anubis declared. When Nekar heard this, he stopped leaning in his chair and he spit his drink in Anubis's face. Anubis opened his eyes and declared "Ew. Yuck!" "Oh. Sorry. Wait! How do you know about this?" Nekar replied. "Thoth told me and Aya what happened while he was in the heavens." Anubis explained.

"A likely story." Nekar stated. "What is that supposed to mean?" Anubis asked while looking confused. "I'm saying that's believable." Nekar answered. "Oh. I thought you were being sarcastic." Anubis stated. "What? No! Why would I be sarcastic about that?" Nekar replied. "I don't know." Anubis answered. "Our journey begins tomorrow." Anubis exclaimed.

Everyone nodded and left to go get ready for bed. Even Anubis and Aya. When they were done getting ready for bed, they all got into bed and fell asleep. The next day, everyone got up and got ready for the day. They all rushed downstairs to eat breakfast.

While being at the table, Nekar, Iris, and Anput noticed something different about Aya. She was pregnant. "Uh. Aya? Why is your stomach so big?" Anput asked. "I-I-I'm pregnant!" Aya stammered. They all gasped. Anubis just smiled. They saw Anubis smiling. "Anubis. Really?" Nekar asked. "Yes. Me and Aya have been talking about having a baby." Anubis explained. "You guys just got married two days ago. How could you already start thinking about having children?" Iris stated.

"That's what I said, but I think it's a great idea." Aya added. "Also, me and Aya love each other very much and we both agreed on having kids together." Anubis declared. "Isn't it a little too soon?" Iris then asked. "Nothing is too soon when you love someone." Anubis answered.
"If you say so." Iris exclaimed. "Why? Do you have a problem with that?" Anubis asked. "No. If that's what you want, we're all for it. But it's all about what you think. If you guys are ready to start a family together, then great." Nekar stated. "Well we are ready." Anubis declared. "Then, congratulations!" Nekar replied. "Thanks." Anubis exclaimed. They then stopped talking and continued eating their breakfast.

Once they were done eating, everyone left to go pack their stuff for the journey. After they were done packing their stuff, they all walked out of the palace, through the front gate, and into the desert. While they were heading farther and farther into the desert, Anubis decided to sing a song. He sang:

"War is coming. So, let's prepare. There's no time to spare. We must be on our way. We simply can't delay. It's up to us now. We will rise. We are victorious till the end. Till the end. Till the end."

A couple hours later, they saw the portal to Evil Anubis's dimension lying in the sand. They then ran over to the portal. Anubis picked up the portal and then dropped it on the ground. The portal opened and they all walked into the portal. Once they were on the other side of the portal, the portal then shut down. In the dimension, they headed straight for Evil Anubis's palace. "Come on, guys. Let's go save Khanet!" Anubis exclaimed.