Chapter 9: The Way Out

When Khanet got to the bottom of the stairwell, Anubis uncrossed his arms and Khanet hugged him tightly. Anubis was shocked because this was the first time she has given him a hug. "We did it! We have slayed Evil Anubis. We have defeated him once and for all." Khanet declared with glee. "We sure did, kiddo." Anubis replied. They stopped hugging each other and Anubis grabbed Khanet's shoulders. "You're the one who ended all this. I am very proud of you." Anubis exclaimed.

"Does that mean she can become a goddess now?" Anput asked Anubis. Anubis turned around and answered "She has much more to learn. But, yes, eventually she will be." He then looked back at Khanet and stopped grabbing onto her shoulders. He turned to look at Iris and declared "Iris. Go get Khanis." Iris nodded and left to go find him. She looked everywhere for him and once she found him, she tried to talk to him.

His eyes were still red. "Khanis. Come back with me and everyone else." Iris replied. "I must obey my master." Khanis replied back. "Evil Anubis is dead." Iris explained. "Please, Khanis. Please." Iris whispered. She walked up to Khanis, wrapped her arms around him, and kissed him. Khanis had a surprised look on his face. All of a sudden, Khanis's eyes changed back to normal. He then closed his eyes, wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her back.

After awhile, they headed back to Anubis and everyone else. Khanis then saw Aya's stomach. "Woah. What's going on here?" Khanis asked as he pointed at her stomach. "I'm pregnant. Me and Anubis are going to have a baby." Aya explained while rubbing her stomach. "Wow! That's great!" Khanis exclaimed. "Yeah. I know." Aya replied.

Khanet then saw Khanis back to normal. She ran over to Khanis. "Khanis. You're back." Khanet declared while hugging him. She then stopped hugging him. "What happened? Where are we and why are we here?" Khanis asked. "We're in Evil Anubis's dimension. You were possessed and you kidnapped me." Khanet explained.

"What kind of spell was I under?" Khanis then asked jokingly. "A very bad one." Khanet stated while chuckling. "Alright. Where's Evil Anubis? I have some things I want to say to him." Khanis replied while rubbing his hands. "Evil Anubis is dead." Khanet explained. After Khanis heard this, he stopped rubbing his hands. "What? How?" Khanis asked. "I turned him into a human and I killed him. Go look. He's on his throne." Khanet stated.

Khanis walked over to Evil Anubis's throne while Khanet and Iris turned around. He saw Evil Anubis dead on his throne. "Well. I'll be darned." Khanis declared. He then walked over to Khanet and stood by her. "Great!" Now we don't have to deal with him anymore." Khanis exclaimed.

All of a sudden, Evil Anput walked down the stairwell and walked over to Evil Anubis's throne. She walked up the stairs and saw Evil Anubis laying there. However, what she didn't know was that he was dead. So, she thought he was still alive.

Once she reached his throne, she shook him. "Evil Anubis? Brother? Are you asleep?" Evil Anput asked. There was no response. She saw the blood gushing out of his chest. "Brother. Answer me!!!" Evil Anput demanded. There was still no response. "He's dead. We turned him into a human and killed him." Anubis explained.

She turned to look at Anubis and declared "How could you, you impudent buffoon?" Aya used magic and formed a portal that took them back to Egypt. "Just you wait. I will get my revenge on you and I will avenge my brother. Evil Anput explained. Anubis and the others walked through the portal. Once they were on the other side of the portal, Aya closed it, so Evil Anput couldn't get through to the other side.

Evil Anput did not take the fact that her brother was gone for good. Dead. Never to be seen or heard from again. "I will murder Anubis and those pesky mortals. This isn't the last they'll see of me." Evil Anput stated. She then laughed evilly.