Chapter 1

No matter what angle you look at John, there's just wasn't anything special about him. He wasn't rich, and he wasn't gifted in any areas like music, sports, academics, or anything at all.

It's really a wonder how he've gotten on this school.

There were rumors of course, the most popular one was that the headmaster took pity on him while seeing him perform on the circus, and thus, deciding to give him a free admission to this school.

There's also this rumor about him secretly being rich, something about him being an illegitimate son of whatever company there is.

The others were just plain ridiculous.

The headmaster, having an affair with John, and him enrolling the boy to his school as a payment? Surely, they could do better than that. The headmaster is a married man, and even if he was having an affair with anyone, there's no way that it'll be with someone that young, or someone with a grease-covered-hair who keeps on tripping a lot.

Arlo thinks that it's such a waste of their time and intelligence, when all some students does is make distasteful rumors.

But if you were to ask him, he thinks that the possibility of John hiding his real identity is highly plausible. He doesn't have any known relatives, and according to what he've heard, John was wondering in the streets, and that someone from a circus found him, taught him some tricks, and made him part of the circus.

The owner of the circus also could've sent John to study here, but the flaw is, the circus wasn't even anything big, and they could send John to any nearby school, so why here? A school that is worth a month of what they earn? A month is probably an exaggeration, but surely, they won't spend that much money for someone who isn't a relative.

John is intriguing for the blond, not just his origin but also for him influencing Seraphina to leave her position as the Queen of Wellston.

Truth be told, Arlo only encountered the boy twice, both of them with John bumping on him. Although he was aware about John, he never really interacted with him, due to him being in a lower year (or lower class, literally) and all.

But in their short interactions, he managed to take the blond's interest.

He looks like a fool, acts like a fool, and talks like a fool-- yet he looked at the blond with no fear, as if he was of the same status and bowed in a way that is elegant in contrast to his foolish movement.

Perhaps it was the courage he obtained from the lack of money, or maybe, he was just imitating what he've observed others do.

Arlo was the type to get what wants, and to know what he needs to know. Thus, he hired a private investor to investigate about John's back ground and his routine.

Days passed, and once he got the results, Arlo almost couldn't believe it.

They managed to give him John's daily routine of going to school, going to work, and going to the small apartment he rents but other than that, there's just no information about his background.

"I couldn't find any information about the name John Doe." the man said.

"And what exactly do you mean that there's no information?"

"No birth certificates, no records of someone with his name." he answered, "There's only two possibilities why there's no obtainable information. It's either John is a high profile, or two, the name 'John Doe' simply just not exist."

"Or three, you're not doing your job well." Arlo wrinkled his brows, the lack of the information he got made him so annoyed.

But somehow, it made him more determined to uncover John's identity.

---------------------------------

It was break, and Isen was currently sitting on the bench thinking about some article to write. He was using his remaining time to rest, but seeing that Arlo seemed to want something from him, he assumed that there won't be any rest.

The blond told him to meet him up as soon as possible on a certain room, it had been a long time since Arlo needed his help, and so, Isen is intrigued on what the King wants.

"So uh, why did you call me?"

"John is from your class, is that correct?"

Isen nodded his head, "Yeah, what of it?"

"I am interested on him." seeing the reaction on the other man's face, Arlo clarified, "Not that way."

"Him being on this school was already suspicious enough, but I've had encounters that only raised my suspicions more." Arlo explained, "Now, I need you to find everything that you can about him, his student records specifically."

Isen could get his hands on any records of students in this school, he might just be more useful than the private investigator the blond hired.

John Doe may possibly be a fake name, and he could possibly be a high profile, but it doesn't change the fact that he is enrolled to this school.

He couldn't possibly be enrolled without a birth certificate could he?

"Give me three days."

"If you've managed to do what I want," the blond spoke, "I'll guarantee you on the front page eight times this month."

The orange haired man hurried off, once they were done, and Arlo returned to his respective class.

He was thinking of a plan to know more about John, and the thought of befriending him easily comes to his mind.

It is the best thing he could think of; earning his trust and learning his secrets? It would have been easy, but Arlo and Seraphina weren't really on good terms, and as far as Arlo knows, those two are almost glued together.

If Seraphina sees him approaching John, she'll assume the worst, so what could he possibly do to befriend him?

Do it behind her back of course.

Although it might not be that effective if John tells her about Arlo befriending him.

Perhaps, Seraphina needs to be away.

Elaine called him not long ago, telling him about Seraphina possessing a banned book. Arlo could make her report it, but that wouldn't be fun. Although it could get her suspended for a week or two, it would also damage her reputation.

It could be on the press as she is quite well known, and as much as Arlo didn't want to admit it, he didn't want that.

His family have known her family for a long time, and his father is a shareholder doting back from the time when their tech company was still fairly new.

It would be a very bad and unwise business move that would also put him slightly into disadvantage.

Although the damage wouldn't be big since Arlo's family owns a five star hotel, a damage is still a damage.

With those consequences in mind, Arlo would have to stick with befriending John behind her back, and Arlo knows exactly where to start.

-------------------------------

Hello, this would be my first time writing an UnO fic that isn't centered on romance or anything dark or serious.

I've been wanting to write something lighter and humorous, so... Expect this fic to be crackish, but not really--

Pleasant_illusion